- Video: Jarrett Allen catches a body as he posterizes Nets defender
- Video: James Harden delivers filthy through-the-legs pass to Kyrie Irving
- Kevin Porter Jr. shares emotional post as he bids goodbye to Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: Darius Garland and Dylan Windler expected to play Friday night vs. Nets
- Report: Cavs saw James Harden potential in Kevin Porter Jr.
- Report: Nets list Kevin Durant as questionable ahead of Friday’s game vs. Cavs
- Report: Cavs viewed Kevin Porter Jr. as ‘untouchable’ and considered him ‘most talented’ youngster on roster
- Report: Cavs send Kevin Porter Jr. to Rockets for 2nd-round draft pick
- Report: Jarrett Allen was talking trash to Nets about Collin Sexton before his shots even went in
- Cavs head coach issues striking comparison between Collin Sexton and Michael Jordan
Report: Boston’s Latest Stance Regarding Kyrie Irving-Isaiah Thomas Trade
- Updated: August 27, 2017
New developments on Saturday surfaced between the Cleveland Cavaliers and Boston Celtics and their pending trade involving star point guards Kyrie Irving and Isaiah Thomas, as both teams continue to be in a standoff with each other.
As reported by writer Jason Lloyd of The Athletic, Boston does not intend to add on to the original trade package offered to Cleveland:
Lloyd also tweeted on Saturday evening that the condition of Thomas’ hip shouldn’t have come as a surprise to the Cavs.
Source with knowledge of IT's hip said nothing in physical should've surprised. They built offer around his condition & told Cavs everything
— Jason Lloyd (@JasonLloydNBA) August 26, 2017
Irving took his physical on Saturday in Boston, while the Cavs have until 10 a.m. ET on Thursday to have Thomas pass his physical. However, the deadline for Thomas’ physical can be extended if both teams agree to do so.
This could end up being a very difficult situation for the Cavs and Celtics. If the trade is voided, Irving has already said that he does not intend to report to training camp for the Cavs.
Cleveland would likely have to find another team to engage in trade talks with if the deal falls through with Boston.