- Tristan Thompson hopes Cavs retire his jersey, makes perfect analogy to ‘tough, gritty MFs’ of Cleveland
- LeBron James offers heavy praise for Cavs rebuild, admits he pays ‘close attention’ to team
- Dylan Windler throws subtle shade at refs for not getting foul call after slam on Kyle Kuzma
- Video: LeBron James has heartwarming reunion with Cedi Osman prior to Cavs game vs. Lakers
- LeBron James reveals Cavs fan that mocked him, which led to 21-point explosion in 4th quarter
- Collin Sexton opens up on why Cavs needed blowout loss versus Celtics
- Report: Brooklyn Nets are hoping Andre Drummond gets bought out by Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: LeBron James gave Cavs teammates ‘300’ style Spartan shields before facing Warriors in 2016 Finals
- Report: Larry Nance Jr. to miss Monday’s game vs. Lakers with new injury
- Report: Cavs could try to flip Andre Drummond and Kevin Love for draft capital
Report: LeBron James Has Become ‘Obsessed’ in Latest Offseason Workouts
- Updated: August 23, 2017
Just two months away from starting his 15th season in the NBA, Cleveland Cavaliers forward LeBron James shows no sign of diminished enthusiasm for the game. That fervor has even extended to the drudgery of offseason workouts, which are vital for veterans like James.
I've spoken to two people privy to LeBron's workouts the last couple weeks. They both used the word "obsessed" to describe his current state
— Dave McMenamin (@mcten) August 23, 2017
The reasons for James’ vigorous approach could be the result of frustration after having been on the losing end of the NBA Finals, coupled with a tumultuous offseason that effectively concluded on Tuesday night with the trade of Kyrie Irving to Boston. In the latter case, Irving’s original reason for wanting to be traded was given as a desire to no longer play in the shadow of James.
Despite rumors of animosity between the two players in the aftermath of that revelation, James offered a classy farewell on Twitter after the deal was announced:
The key player in the Irving deal, point guard Isaiah Thomas, is continuing to rehabilitate the injured hip that abruptly ended his 2016-17 season during the Eastern Conference Finals against the Cavs. That could delay his start with the team, though with James seemingly defying the aging process, the Cavaliers still figure to be in good shape.