- Kevin Porter Jr. shares scary, suicidal Instagram post as fans beg him to seek help
- Report: Cavs hoping to attend workout of top NBA draft prospect Devin Vassell
- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
- Dylan Windler proceeds with huge life decision on Cavs home court
- Tristan Thompson shares threatening text LeBron James sent after Cavs lost Game 4 of 2016 finals
LeBron James Takes Shot at Donald Trump Amid Charlottesville Protests
- Updated: August 12, 2017
That continued on Saturday, when he took to Twitter to criticize President Donald Trump in the wake of protests and fighting that took place in Charlottesville, Virginia earlier in the day.
It's sad what's going on in Charlottesville. Is this the direction our country is heading? Make America Great Again huh?! He said that??♂️
The protests were between white nationalists, who were protesting the removal of a statue of Civil War Confederate general Robert E. Lee, and counter-protesters. During the chaos, one person was killed and 35 others injured when a car rammed into a crowd of counter-protesters. Later in the day, two other people were killed following a helicopter crash that was reportedly connected to the situation.
James actively campaigned for Trump’s opponent in last year’s presidential election, Hillary Clinton, and was an avid supporter of Trump’s predecessor, Barack Obama. During last year’s campaign, James also took issue with Trump’s use of the term “locker room talk” to describe his controversial 2005 comments about women that appeared to endorse sexual assault. Trump’s campaign had used the phrase “Make America Great Again” as its main slogan and it’s continued to use it to support Trump’s political agenda since taking office in January.