- Report: Cavs send Kevin Porter Jr. to Rockets for 2nd-round draft pick
- Report: Jarrett Allen was talking trash to Nets about Collin Sexton before his shots even went in
- Cavs head coach issues striking comparison between Collin Sexton and Michael Jordan
- Kyrie Irving and Kevin Durant give major props to Collin Sexton after he drops 42 points on Nets
- Video: Collin Sexton drills cold-blooded 3 in Kyrie Irving’s face to send game into double overtime
- Cavs unveil tribute video as Nets superstar Kyrie Irving returns to Cleveland
- Report: Kyrie Irving to officially start and play in Nets matchup vs. Cavs
- Report: Dylan Windler to return to Cavs lineup Friday vs. Nets
- Report: It’s ‘doubtful’ Cavs will be able to trade Kevin Porter Jr.
- Report: Cavs expected to offer Jarrett Allen massive multiyear contract
Video: Kyrie Irving Reacts to His NBA 2K18 Rating
- Updated: July 18, 2017
Kyrie Irving is considered to be one of the most dangerous offensive weapons in the entire NBA. However, according to the ratings of the upcoming video game, NBA 2K18, which features Irving as the cover athlete, the Cleveland Cavaliers star still has room to grow.
In a recent interview that took place during a 2K photo shoot, Irving was asked what he believed his rating should be.
“I think my rating should be. If we’re adding in a few factors, cover athlete, cover athlete, cover athlete, then I should at lease be like a 95-plus,” he answered.
When he was told that his rating was a mere 90 out of 100, Irving reacted with playful shock followed immediately by determination.
“I love it. It’s motivating me now,” Irving said. “By the end of the season, mark my words, I will be a 93-plus. You guys are going to stop playing me with my overall rating.”
Watch the video below to see Uncle Drew’s hilarious reaction.
Regardless of his rating, Irving serving as this year’s 2K cover athlete is yet another sign that he is one of the premier stars in the NBA today. Hopefully he can reach his desired rating next year.