- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
- Kevin Porter Jr. highlights relationship with Carmelo Anthony as he remains away from Cavs
- Report: Steve Nash continues to have no update on Kyrie Irving’s mysterious absence from Nets
Heat President Pat Riley Takes Subtle Shot at LeBron James and Cavs
- Updated: July 10, 2017
The Miami Heat and team president Pat Riley are still regrouping after their failed attempt to attract star free agent Gordon Hayward. When asked about Hayward, and the rest of the Heat’s offseason, Riley couldn’t help but throw subtle shade at former star LeBron James and his current team, the Cleveland Cavaliers.
Riley spoke with the Sun Sentinel‘s Ira Winderman and said that for the Heat, and the rest of the Eastern Conference, the target is rested firmly on the defending Eastern Conference champions.
Riley on going after Hayward, "In this game you have to try to stay one step ahead of the posse, and in this game, the posse is Cleveland."
— Ira Winderman (@IraHeatBeat) July 10, 2017
Despite the fact that James was paramount in bringing Riley and the Heat two NBA championships, he understandably now sees him and the Cavs as the gatekeepers to another potential NBA title.