- Report: Cavs Would ‘Gladly’ Trade for Gordon Hayward This Offseason
- Report: Kyrie Irving Was ‘Strange’ and ‘Angry’ After Winning 2016 NBA Championship
- LeBron James Again Named One of Time’s 100 Most Influential People
- Charles Barkley Roasts Shaquille O’Neal for His Miserable Tenure on Cavs
- Report: Cavs Have Compiled List of Potential Suitors for J.R. Smith
- Report: There Were Weeks Where LeBron’s Agent and David Griffin ‘Drove Each Other Nuts’
- Collin Sexton Sends Special Thanks to Cavs Organization, Teammates and Fans
- LeBron James’ Former Cavs Coach Calls Him a ‘Coach Killer’
- Zion Williamson Officially Declares for 2019 NBA Draft With Epic Video
- Report: Several Executives Couldn’t Believe Cavs Thought They Were Going to Make Playoffs
Heat President Pat Riley Takes Subtle Shot at LeBron James and Cavs
- Updated: July 10, 2017
The Miami Heat and team president Pat Riley are still regrouping after their failed attempt to attract star free agent Gordon Hayward. When asked about Hayward, and the rest of the Heat’s offseason, Riley couldn’t help but throw subtle shade at former star LeBron James and his current team, the Cleveland Cavaliers.
Riley spoke with the Sun Sentinel‘s Ira Winderman and said that for the Heat, and the rest of the Eastern Conference, the target is rested firmly on the defending Eastern Conference champions.
Riley on going after Hayward, "In this game you have to try to stay one step ahead of the posse, and in this game, the posse is Cleveland."
— Ira Winderman (@IraHeatBeat) July 10, 2017
Despite the fact that James was paramount in bringing Riley and the Heat two NBA championships, he understandably now sees him and the Cavs as the gatekeepers to another potential NBA title.