- Larry Nance Jr. Rips Michael Porter Jr. After His Criticism of Nuggets Coach Mike Malone
- Report: Cavs Willing to Use Mid-Level Exception on Player They Deem Worthy
- Report: Chances That Tristan Thompson Re-Signs With Cavs Increasing
- Antawn Jamison Remembers Feeling ‘Numb’ After LeBron James Deserted Him on Cavs in 2010
- LeBron James Sends Outpouring of Birthday Messages to Kevin Love
- Kendrick Perkins Rips Apart Kyle Kuzma, Calls for Dion Waiters to Get More Playing Time
- NBA Executive Doubts Kyrie Irving Will Respect Steve Nash as Head Coach
- Kevin Love Reacts to Ongoing Feud Between Richard Jefferson and Scottie Pippen
- Scottie Pippen Destroys Richard Jefferson for Saying Giannis Antetokounmpo ‘Might Be a Pippen’
- Richard Jefferson Crucifies Giannis Antetokounmpo, Compares Him to Scottie Pippen
Cavs News: Richard Jefferson to Re-Sign with Cavaliers on Two-Year Deal
- Updated: July 7, 2016
Chris Haynes of Cleveland.com reported that Jefferson announced via Snapchat that the two-year agreement that will pay him $5 million was in place. Jefferson passed up potentially more lucrative offers with other teams, but posted the enthusiastic message: “Can’t wait to repeat…2 year deal done!! The Land you ready?” on his account.
Jefferson had initially announced, immediately after the Cavaliers won the NBA title on June 19, that he would be retiring. However, he appeared to waver three days later at the team’s championship celebration, then later said that he was looking forward to playing two or three more years.
The important role that Jefferson played all season, especially during the postseason, was one reason why the Cavs were eager to bring him back. That role was in spite of his offensive production of 5.5 points and 1.7 rebounds per game.