- Report: Cavs looking to trade down in order to draft Obi Toppin
- Report: NBA executives don’t expect Deni Avdija to fall past Cavs
- Larry Nance Jr. hilariously reacts to sugar momma offering him $3K every weekend
- Former Cavs forward desperately begs for job in the NBA: ‘I’d play for free’
- Report: Kevin Porter Jr. accused of punching a woman in the face in downtown Cleveland
- Channing Frye rips Milwaukee Bucks and Giannis Antetokounmpo after Jrue Holiday trade
- Report: Cavs playing crucial role in helping Bucks complete Jrue Holiday trade
- Report: Andre Drummond makes final decision regarding player option with Cavs
- Report: ‘90 percent’ chance Andre Drummond opts into player option with Cavs
- Scary details of Kevin Porter Jr.’s arrest reveal loaded handgun, marijuana and overturned vehicle
Cavs News: Richard Jefferson to Re-Sign with Cavaliers on Two-Year Deal
- Updated: July 7, 2016
Chris Haynes of Cleveland.com reported that Jefferson announced via Snapchat that the two-year agreement that will pay him $5 million was in place. Jefferson passed up potentially more lucrative offers with other teams, but posted the enthusiastic message: “Can’t wait to repeat…2 year deal done!! The Land you ready?” on his account.
Jefferson had initially announced, immediately after the Cavaliers won the NBA title on June 19, that he would be retiring. However, he appeared to waver three days later at the team’s championship celebration, then later said that he was looking forward to playing two or three more years.
The important role that Jefferson played all season, especially during the postseason, was one reason why the Cavs were eager to bring him back. That role was in spite of his offensive production of 5.5 points and 1.7 rebounds per game.