- Cavs Star Kevin Love Reacts to the Death of His Godfather Wes Unseld
- Tristan Thompson, Kevin Love and Other Cavs Players Unite in Support of Black Lives Matter
- J.R. Smith Says Cavs Told Him ‘One Person Doesn’t Define Our Team’ After LeBron James Left
- Darius Garland Organizes Cleanup in Downtown Nashville After Bouts of Vandalism and Destruction
- Video: J.R. Smith Expresses Deep Regret After Beating Up White Kid
- Larry Nance Jr. Shares Powerful Post on Racial Injustices With Photo of Kobe Bryant
- Video: J.R. Smith Seen Viciously Beating Up Kid for Breaking His Car Window
- Report: Cavs Trying to Drill 2 Key Values Into Kevin Porter Jr. to Help Him Realize His ‘Immense Potential’
- Video: J.R. Smith Says He Beat White Kid’s A– After Getting His Car Window Broken
- J.R. Smith and Jordan Clarkson Join Chaotic Protests in Los Angeles
Cavs News: Richard Jefferson to Re-Sign with Cavaliers on Two-Year Deal
- Updated: July 7, 2016
Chris Haynes of Cleveland.com reported that Jefferson announced via Snapchat that the two-year agreement that will pay him $5 million was in place. Jefferson passed up potentially more lucrative offers with other teams, but posted the enthusiastic message: “Can’t wait to repeat…2 year deal done!! The Land you ready?” on his account.
Jefferson had initially announced, immediately after the Cavaliers won the NBA title on June 19, that he would be retiring. However, he appeared to waver three days later at the team’s championship celebration, then later said that he was looking forward to playing two or three more years.
The important role that Jefferson played all season, especially during the postseason, was one reason why the Cavs were eager to bring him back. That role was in spite of his offensive production of 5.5 points and 1.7 rebounds per game.