- Disturbing photos emerge of Delonte West begging for money in Dallas
- Photos leaked of ‘hulked up’ Collin Sexton from Cavs minicamp
- Kevin Garnett schools LeBron James fans ‘who don’t know s–t’ about Cavs’ 2010 playoff collapse
- Report: Cavs source identifies several improvements in Darius Garland’s game
- Report: Cavs internally comparing Collin Sexton to Donovan Mitchell and Eric Bledsoe
- Report: Cavs will look for ‘defensive-minded players’ in NBA free agency
- Report: Cavs confidently view J.B. Bickerstaff as ‘head coach of the future’
- Cavs Rumors: Collin Sexton Looking ‘Monstrous’ and ‘Huge’ After Working on Body During Hiatus
- Here’s the Latest Update on ‘Mutual Interest’ Between Tristan Thompson and the Cavs
- Report: Darius Garland ‘Feels Snubbed and Disrespected’ by Exclusion From All-Rookie Teams
Cavs Rumors: Kyrie Irving Could Be Back ‘in a Couple of Weeks’
- Updated: November 13, 2015
ESPN Cleveland reported Thursday that Irving was doing some contact work and scrimmaging 3-on-3, an encouraging sign for a team which has gotten off to a 7-1 start without him.
As was the case last week, no timetable has been given for his return, although ESPN’s Brian Windhorst has tweeted that he expects Irving to be back “in a couple of weeks.”
Windhorst: Kyrie is doing some contact work. Scrimmaging 3-on-3. I expect him back in a couple of weeks. #Cavs
— ESPN Cleveland (@ESPNCleveland) November 12, 2015
Mo Williams has started all eight games in Irving’s absence and is averaging 16.5 points and 5.5 assists in 31.8 minutes. Between Williams and Matthew Dellavedova, the Cavs are getting more than 24 points and 11 assists a game out of the point guard position.
Irving averaged 21.7 points while playing in 75 of 82 regular-season games last season, highlighted by a 55-point outburst against Portland and a 57-point eruption against San Antonio.
The Cavs will go in search of their eighth consecutive victory Friday night in New York. They defeated the Knicks 96-86 at Quicken Loans Arena last week in a game where they trailed for almost the entire first three quarters before pulling away over the final 12 minutes.