- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
- Dylan Windler proceeds with huge life decision on Cavs home court
- Tristan Thompson shares threatening text LeBron James sent after Cavs lost Game 4 of 2016 finals
- Mark Cuban shares incredible picture of Delonte West to prove he’s on path to recovery
- Report: Boston Celtics could offer major trade package for ‘obvious target’ Larry Nance Jr.
Cavs News: LeBron James Expected to Play in Season Opener vs. Bulls
- Updated: October 24, 2015
LeBron James is expected to play in the season opener.
After speculation that James could potentially miss the regular season opener versus the Chicago Bulls on Tuesday night, Marc J. Spears of Yahoo! Sports reports that the four-time MVP’s back is improving and that he is indeed expected to play.
LeBron James’ back is improving and he is expected to play in the Cavaliers season-opener against the Bulls on Tuesday, a source told Yahoo.
— Marc J. Spears (@SpearsNBAYahoo) October 24, 2015
The Cleveland Cavaliers star has been sidelined since receiving an anti-inflammatory injection in his lower back on October 13th. He has yet to be cleared to practice, and it has now been more than a week since he has been able to fully participate in training camp.
Although both head coach David Blatt and general manager David Griffin had stated that James would play in the season opener, Griffin stressed that it wouldn’t be a big deal if the small forward did miss the game.
The team’s No. 1 priority is to keep LeBron healthy for the duration of the season, but there is little doubt that they would like to have him in the lineup versus the Bulls, who are widely regarded as the top threat to the Cavaliers for Eastern Conference supremacy.