- Larry Nance Jr. Claims All NBA Players Are Already ‘Out of Basketball Shape’
- Kevin Love Speculates How NBA Will Return for Rest of 2019-20 Season
- Report: Andre Drummond to Face Off Against DeMarcus Cousins in NBA 2K Tournament
- Larry Nance Jr.’s Hilarious Reason for Wanting to Resume Season Has Nothing to Do With Cavs
- Beth McLeod Touched by LeBron James’ Thoughts and Prayers
- Matthew Dellavedova Takes Playful Shot at Random Appearance of Cedi Osman
- Darius Garland Sends Somber Message Due to Lull in NBA Season
- Larry Nance Jr.: ‘I Have Zero Interest in Anything Basketball-Related Right Now’
- Report: Cavs’ Strength and Conditioning Trainers Keeping Team Ready
- Kyrie Irving Reveals Incredible Advice Kobe Bryant Gave Him Midway Through 2016 NBA Finals
Cavs News: Cavaliers Cut Four Players, Including Austin Daye and D.J. Stephens
- Updated: October 24, 2015
The Cleveland Cavaliers are one step closer to finalizing their roster for the regular season opener.
On Friday, the Cavaliers announced that they had waived forward Austin Daye, guard/forward D.J. Stephens, guard Dionte Christmas and forward Jack Cooley to trim the roster down to 16 players.
CLE announces it waived Jack Cooley, Austin Daye, Dionte Christmas & DJ Stephens today. Invitees Jared Cunningham and Quinn Cook remain
— Dave McMenamin (@mcten) October 23, 2015
Daye had appeared in the most games during the preseason of the aforementioned waived players, averaging 5.0 points and 3.5 rebounds in 11.9 minutes per game.
Christmas was signed by Cleveland just 13 days prior and appeared in four preseason games, averaging 6.8 points and 2.5 rebounds in 19.9 minutes per game. Because the team was desperate for depth at the guard position, Christmas stood a legit chance of making the opening night roster, but he couldn’t beat out Cook and Cunningham for a spot.
With the Cavaliers due to open the season on Tuesday night versus the Chicago Bulls, their active roster for the regular season needs to be set by October 26th. All NBA teams are allowed to carry a maximum of 15 players on its regular season roster.