- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
- Kevin Porter Jr. highlights relationship with Carmelo Anthony as he remains away from Cavs
- Report: Steve Nash continues to have no update on Kyrie Irving’s mysterious absence from Nets
Cavs News: Cavaliers Cut Four Players, Including Austin Daye and D.J. Stephens
- Updated: October 24, 2015
The Cleveland Cavaliers are one step closer to finalizing their roster for the regular season opener.
On Friday, the Cavaliers announced that they had waived forward Austin Daye, guard/forward D.J. Stephens, guard Dionte Christmas and forward Jack Cooley to trim the roster down to 16 players.
CLE announces it waived Jack Cooley, Austin Daye, Dionte Christmas & DJ Stephens today. Invitees Jared Cunningham and Quinn Cook remain
— Dave McMenamin (@mcten) October 23, 2015
Daye had appeared in the most games during the preseason of the aforementioned waived players, averaging 5.0 points and 3.5 rebounds in 11.9 minutes per game.
Christmas was signed by Cleveland just 13 days prior and appeared in four preseason games, averaging 6.8 points and 2.5 rebounds in 19.9 minutes per game. Because the team was desperate for depth at the guard position, Christmas stood a legit chance of making the opening night roster, but he couldn’t beat out Cook and Cunningham for a spot.
With the Cavaliers due to open the season on Tuesday night versus the Chicago Bulls, their active roster for the regular season needs to be set by October 26th. All NBA teams are allowed to carry a maximum of 15 players on its regular season roster.