- J.R. Smith annihilates Olivia Harlan Dekker, insinuates husband uses N-bombs
- Sam Dekker’s wife agrees that J.R. Smith amongst ‘dumbest people on planet’
- Sam Dekker issues strong response to J.R. Smith’s accusation that he supports Donald Trump
- Report: Cavs to hold pre-draft workouts for Obi Toppin, other top prospects this week
- J.R. Smith says former Cavs swingman was only teammate he couldn’t ‘stand’ in entire NBA career
- Report: J.B. Bickerstaff reveals ‘positive’ conversations with Andre Drummond about future with Cavs
- Skip Bayless makes strong argument why he would take 2016 Cavs over 2020 Lakers
- LeBron James gets ‘chills’ rewatching Cavs’ historic NBA Finals win over Warriors
- Andre Drummond hints at working towards major evolution in his game
- Video: Cavs big man seen getting schooled by WNBA star in 1-on-1 matchup
Cavs News: Timofey Mozgov Undergoes Successful Knee Scope Surgery, Will Miss Six Weeks
- Updated: July 2, 2015
The Cleveland Cavaliers made an announcement on Thursday that starting center Timofey Mozgov underwent a successful right knee arthroscopic debridement on Wednesday and will be inactive for the next six weeks.
The Cavs announce Timofey Mozgov went through a successful R knee scope yesterday. They expect a 6-week rehabilitation before he can play
— Dave McMenamin (@mcten) July 2, 2015
The procedure was completed at the Cleveland Clinic Marymount Surgicenter, while Dr. Richard Parker and James Rosneck performed Mozgov’s right knee surgery.
The big man, who recently had his 2015-16 option picked up by the Cavs, was a viable mid-season addition to the team and its success for the remainder of the 2014-15 campaign.
In 46 regular season games (45 starts) with the Cavs, Mozgov averaged 10.6 points, 6.9 rebounds and 1.2 blocks in 25 minutes per game. During the playoffs, his production rose as he averaged 10.6 points, 7.3 rebounds and 1.8 blocks in 26.5 minutes per game.