- Kevin Durant’s response when asked if he thinks LeBron James is still NBA’s greatest
- Khloe Kardashian Breaks Up With Tristan Thompson After He Allegedly Cheats With Jordyn Woods
- Report: There’s ‘Internal Belief’ That Winning Basketball Could Be Coming Soon for Cavs
- Kirk Cousins Explains Why He ‘Totally Understands’ Why LeBron James Left Cavs
- Luka Doncic Pays Cedi Osman Ultimate Compliment After Rising Stars Challenge
- LeBron James Reveals Why Kyrie Irving’s Recent Phone Call Meant So Much to Him
- Rodney Hood Explains Why Playing in Cleveland Was So Rough Last Season
- Report: Former Cavs GM to Be ‘Likely Target’ in New Orleans Pelicans’ Search
- LeBron James Offers Huge Praise for Zion Williamson
- Report: Dan Gilbert Talked to Certain Cavs Players After Wednesday’s Loss to Brooklyn Nets
Cavs News: Timofey Mozgov Undergoes Successful Knee Scope Surgery, Will Miss Six Weeks
- Updated: July 2, 2015
The Cleveland Cavaliers made an announcement on Thursday that starting center Timofey Mozgov underwent a successful right knee arthroscopic debridement on Wednesday and will be inactive for the next six weeks.
The Cavs announce Timofey Mozgov went through a successful R knee scope yesterday. They expect a 6-week rehabilitation before he can play
— Dave McMenamin (@mcten) July 2, 2015
The procedure was completed at the Cleveland Clinic Marymount Surgicenter, while Dr. Richard Parker and James Rosneck performed Mozgov’s right knee surgery.
The big man, who recently had his 2015-16 option picked up by the Cavs, was a viable mid-season addition to the team and its success for the remainder of the 2014-15 campaign.
In 46 regular season games (45 starts) with the Cavs, Mozgov averaged 10.6 points, 6.9 rebounds and 1.2 blocks in 25 minutes per game. During the playoffs, his production rose as he averaged 10.6 points, 7.3 rebounds and 1.8 blocks in 26.5 minutes per game.