- Report: Cavs had chance to acquire DeAndre Jordan in 2018 with LeBron James on team
- Report: Some Cavs veterans ‘resented’ Collin Sexton in 2018, wanted to trade for one last shot at title
- Video: Jarrett Allen catches a body as he posterizes Nets defender
- Video: James Harden delivers filthy through-the-legs pass to Kyrie Irving
- Kevin Porter Jr. shares emotional post as he bids goodbye to Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: Darius Garland and Dylan Windler expected to play Friday night vs. Nets
- Report: Cavs saw James Harden potential in Kevin Porter Jr.
- Report: Nets list Kevin Durant as questionable ahead of Friday’s game vs. Cavs
- Report: Cavs viewed Kevin Porter Jr. as ‘untouchable’ and considered him ‘most talented’ youngster on roster
- Report: Cavs send Kevin Porter Jr. to Rockets for 2nd-round draft pick
Cavs News: Timofey Mozgov Undergoes Successful Knee Scope Surgery, Will Miss Six Weeks
- Updated: July 2, 2015
The Cleveland Cavaliers made an announcement on Thursday that starting center Timofey Mozgov underwent a successful right knee arthroscopic debridement on Wednesday and will be inactive for the next six weeks.
The Cavs announce Timofey Mozgov went through a successful R knee scope yesterday. They expect a 6-week rehabilitation before he can play
— Dave McMenamin (@mcten) July 2, 2015
The procedure was completed at the Cleveland Clinic Marymount Surgicenter, while Dr. Richard Parker and James Rosneck performed Mozgov’s right knee surgery.
The big man, who recently had his 2015-16 option picked up by the Cavs, was a viable mid-season addition to the team and its success for the remainder of the 2014-15 campaign.
In 46 regular season games (45 starts) with the Cavs, Mozgov averaged 10.6 points, 6.9 rebounds and 1.2 blocks in 25 minutes per game. During the playoffs, his production rose as he averaged 10.6 points, 7.3 rebounds and 1.8 blocks in 26.5 minutes per game.