- Tristan Thompson hopes Cavs retire his jersey, makes perfect analogy to ‘tough, gritty MFs’ of Cleveland
- LeBron James offers heavy praise for Cavs rebuild, admits he pays ‘close attention’ to team
- Dylan Windler throws subtle shade at refs for not getting foul call after slam on Kyle Kuzma
- Video: LeBron James has heartwarming reunion with Cedi Osman prior to Cavs game vs. Lakers
- LeBron James reveals Cavs fan that mocked him, which led to 21-point explosion in 4th quarter
- Collin Sexton opens up on why Cavs needed blowout loss versus Celtics
- Report: Brooklyn Nets are hoping Andre Drummond gets bought out by Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: LeBron James gave Cavs teammates ‘300’ style Spartan shields before facing Warriors in 2016 Finals
- Report: Larry Nance Jr. to miss Monday’s game vs. Lakers with new injury
- Report: Cavs could try to flip Andre Drummond and Kevin Love for draft capital
Cavs Rumors: J.R. Smith Looking for Three-Year Deal Worth $24 Million
- Updated: June 29, 2015
— Probasketballdraft (@Probballdraft) June 28, 2015
The Cavs acquired Smith via trade from the New York Knicks mid-season and was immediately inserted the mercurial guard into the starting lineup opposite Kyrie Irving for a majority of the season.
For the season, Smith averaged 12.1 points, 2.8 assists, and 3.1 rebounds per game and was critical to the Cavs regular season turnaround and deep playoff run.
An eleven year NBA veteran, J.R. will turn 30 in September.