- LaVar Ball Fires Back at LeBron James and His Angry Comments
- LeBron James Helps Design Sneaker for Disabled Athletes
- Video: LeBron James Takes Shot at NBA for Criticizing Rest Days
- LeBron James Angrily Responds to LaVar Ball’s Comments About His Kids
- LeBron Responds to Public Outrage of Teams Resting Players During NBA Season
- Video: LeBron James Clears the Bench So Kevin Love Can Take a Seat
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Los Angeles Lakers Game Recap: Big 3 Combine for 101, Cavs Clinch Playoff Berth
- Video: LeBron James Casually Sips Coffee From Bench During Cavs-Clippers Game
- NBA Lashes Out at David Griffin for Sitting Out Big 3, Griffin Fires Back
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Los Angeles Clippers Game Recap: Rest Day
Report: Deron Williams Expected to Be Waived by Mavericks to Join Cavaliers
- Updated: February 23, 2017
The Cleveland Cavaliers are that much closer to filling their void at the backup point guard slot.
That’s because it was reported by Brian Mahoney of the Associated Press that Dallas Mavericks point guard Deron Williams was waived on Thursday and is now expected to join the Cavs in their quest for a second consecutive championship.
Mavericks announce they have waived Deron Williams. Few players have fallen further in the last five years.
— Brian Mahoney (@briancmahoney) February 23, 2017
Deron Williams is expected to be waived by the Dallas Mavericks to join the Cleveland Cavaliers. (Via AP)
— Clevis Murray (@ClevisMurray) February 23, 2017
The 32-year-old Williams was once thought of to be one of the top point guards in the league and still has plenty left in the tank. He holds career averages of 16.6 points and 8.2 assists and has been selected to three All-Star teams.
Signing Williams would be huge for the Cavs and we will keep you posted here with further updates at CavaliersNation.com.