- Cavs News: Kevin Love to Miss Six Weeks After Undergoing Knee Surgery
- Report: Cavs Release Updated Timetable for J.R. Smith’s Return
- Cavs Concerned Kevin Love Could Be in Line for ‘Extended Absence’
- Cavs News: Cleveland Cavaliers Trade Chris Andersen to Charlotte Hornets
- LeBron James Gives His Opinion on Derrick Williams’ Future With Cavs
- Report: Kevin Love Could Miss Extended Period of Time Due to Injury
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Denver Nuggets Game Recap: Bringing the D
- Report: Pat Riley Killed Two Trade Deals to Avoid Helping LeBron James
- Video: Colin Cowherd Reveals Why Cavs Will Once Again Win NBA Title
- Report: Cleveland Cavaliers Nearing a Decision on Forward Derrick Williams
Video: LeBron James Speaks on Cavs’ Desperate Need for Backup Point Guard
- Updated: January 5, 2017
Currently, the Cavs’ only true backup point guard is rookie Kay Felder, who is averaging just 1.7 assists over the last three games in the absence of Irving. The team has experimented with both DeAndre Liggins and Iman Shumpert at the position, however, a true pass-first point guard is what the Cavs desperately seek.
Last season, the Cavs had Matthew Dellavedova relieving Irving at the point guard position, as the gritty 6’4″ guard averaged 4.4 assists in 24.6 minutes of action. However, the team has yet to find a suitable replacement 34 games into the season.
Cavs superstar LeBron James spoke about the pressing need for a reserve point guard after the Cavs’ 106-94 loss to the Chicago Bulls on Wednesday night.
LeBron James talks about the Cavs lack of a true backup point guard. pic.twitter.com/JSkzXxd6Og
— Matt Medley (@MedleyHoops) January 5, 2017