- LaVar Ball Fires Back at LeBron James and His Angry Comments
- LeBron James Helps Design Sneaker for Disabled Athletes
- Video: LeBron James Takes Shot at NBA for Criticizing Rest Days
- LeBron James Angrily Responds to LaVar Ball’s Comments About His Kids
- LeBron Responds to Public Outrage of Teams Resting Players During NBA Season
- Video: LeBron James Clears the Bench So Kevin Love Can Take a Seat
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Los Angeles Lakers Game Recap: Big 3 Combine for 101, Cavs Clinch Playoff Berth
- Video: LeBron James Casually Sips Coffee From Bench During Cavs-Clippers Game
- NBA Lashes Out at David Griffin for Sitting Out Big 3, Griffin Fires Back
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Los Angeles Clippers Game Recap: Rest Day
Video: LeBron James Speaks on Cavs’ Desperate Need for Backup Point Guard
- Updated: January 5, 2017
Currently, the Cavs’ only true backup point guard is rookie Kay Felder, who is averaging just 1.7 assists over the last three games in the absence of Irving. The team has experimented with both DeAndre Liggins and Iman Shumpert at the position, however, a true pass-first point guard is what the Cavs desperately seek.
Last season, the Cavs had Matthew Dellavedova relieving Irving at the point guard position, as the gritty 6’4″ guard averaged 4.4 assists in 24.6 minutes of action. However, the team has yet to find a suitable replacement 34 games into the season.
Cavs superstar LeBron James spoke about the pressing need for a reserve point guard after the Cavs’ 106-94 loss to the Chicago Bulls on Wednesday night.
LeBron James talks about the Cavs lack of a true backup point guard. pic.twitter.com/JSkzXxd6Og
— Matt Medley (@MedleyHoops) January 5, 2017