- Richard Jefferson Fires Retaliatory Shot at Stephen Curry’s ‘Champagne’ Comments
- Video: LeBron James Shuts Down Heckling Warriors Fan With Perfect Response
- LeBron James Addresses Draymond Green’s Dirty Flagrant Foul
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Golden State Warriors Game Recap: File and Forget
- Video: Richard Jefferson Goes at Draymond Green After Flagrant Foul on LeBron
- David Griffin Compares LeBron James to Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time
- Report: Carmelo Anthony Would Waive No-Trade Clause to Come to Cleveland
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Sacramento Kings Game Recap: Back on Track
- Kyrie Irving to Pay Tuition of 12-Year-Old Student at Former High School
- Video: LeBron James Makes Special Announcement via Uninterrupted Platform
Video: LeBron James Speaks on Cavs’ Desperate Need for Backup Point Guard
- Updated: January 5, 2017
Currently, the Cavs’ only true backup point guard is rookie Kay Felder, who is averaging just 1.7 assists over the last three games in the absence of Irving. The team has experimented with both DeAndre Liggins and Iman Shumpert at the position, however, a true pass-first point guard is what the Cavs desperately seek.
Last season, the Cavs had Matthew Dellavedova relieving Irving at the point guard position, as the gritty 6’4″ guard averaged 4.4 assists in 24.6 minutes of action. However, the team has yet to find a suitable replacement 34 games into the season.
Cavs superstar LeBron James spoke about the pressing need for a reserve point guard after the Cavs’ 106-94 loss to the Chicago Bulls on Wednesday night.
LeBron James talks about the Cavs lack of a true backup point guard. pic.twitter.com/JSkzXxd6Og
— Matt Medley (@MedleyHoops) January 5, 2017