- LaVar Ball Fires Back at LeBron James and His Angry Comments
- LeBron James Helps Design Sneaker for Disabled Athletes
- Video: LeBron James Takes Shot at NBA for Criticizing Rest Days
- LeBron James Angrily Responds to LaVar Ball’s Comments About His Kids
- LeBron Responds to Public Outrage of Teams Resting Players During NBA Season
- Video: LeBron James Clears the Bench So Kevin Love Can Take a Seat
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Los Angeles Lakers Game Recap: Big 3 Combine for 101, Cavs Clinch Playoff Berth
- Video: LeBron James Casually Sips Coffee From Bench During Cavs-Clippers Game
- NBA Lashes Out at David Griffin for Sitting Out Big 3, Griffin Fires Back
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Los Angeles Clippers Game Recap: Rest Day
Cavs News: J.R. Smith Reportedly Being Sued for $2.5 Million
- Updated: March 27, 2016
According to ESPN’s Brian Windhorst, the Cavaliers shooting guard is being sued $2.5 million for an incident last November which allegedly saw him choke and strike a man.
According to documents, Justin Brown attempted to approach Smith for a photo at approximately 4 a.m. when Smith made a stop at a pizza shop after leaving a nightclub in Manhattan.
When Smith declined the photo request, Brown allegedly provoked the Cavalier into hitting him in the head and neck area.
The former Sixth Man of the Year responded to reports of the lawsuit on Saturday, but refused to add fuel to the fire:
“No, I ain’t got no comment on that. It is what it is. So, we’ll just see what happens. I mean, the organization has been great since I got here. Whether it was that or anything else, they’ve been unbelievable, so I’m grateful for that.”
As the team’s starting shooting guard, the 12-year pro has averaged 12.3 points on 41.0 percent from the field and 39.3 percent from beyond the arc in 69 starts this season.