- Cavs Rumors: DeAndre Liggins Likely to Win Final Roster Spot on Cavaliers
- Video: LeBron James and Teammates Erupt as Cleveland Indians Advance to World Series
- J.R. Smith Responds to Alleged Racism Towards Jeremy Lin and Asian-Americans
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Washington Wizards Preseason Game Recap: Late Comeback Falls Short
- Video: LeBron James Drives the Lane and Throws Down Two-Handed Hammer
- Kyle Lowry Says He Knows How Raptors Can Beat Cavs in Playoffs
- Tyronn Lue Compares LeBron James and Kyrie Irving to Shaquille O’Neal and Kobe Bryant
- NBA General Managers Predict Who Will Win Fifth MVP Award in 2016-17
- Four Reasons the Cleveland Cavaliers Should Pursue Chris Bosh in 2017
- Iconic LeBron James Banner to Be Replaced in Downtown Cleveland
Five Bold Predictions for the Cleveland Cavaliers’ Stretch Run
- Updated: March 7, 2016
Looking into a crystal ball over the next six weeks with respect to the Cleveland Cavaliers, trying to make projections can be a difficult proposition. The team has navigated some choppy terrain, but still sits atop the Eastern Conference when it comes to season records.
Looking at what lies ahead for the Cavaliers, here are five predictions that will likely stoke conversation on both sides:
1. 60+ Win Season
While this prediction has all the earmarks of hope rather than reality, it’s not too far off base. This requires the Cavaliers to finish 16-5, which is a stretch they’ve already topped this season. After the December 26th debacle in Portland, the Cavs went on a 21-5 surge that ended with a February 21st victory in Oklahoma City.
The next two weeks will likely determine if this comes true, since a four-game Western road trip and two home games against playoff-worthy foes are on the docket. Given the need to stay just ahead of the Toronto Raptors for best conference record, the focus will presumably remain on the task at hand. If they can win at least two of three key divisional road matchups next month in the regular season’s final 10 days, it should happen.
Next: LeBron James Will Drop 40+ Points