- Video: LeBron James Calls Out Certain Teammates for Lack of Toughness
- Video: Nuggets Reporter Sitting Courtside Trash Talks LeBron James During Game
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Denver Nuggets Game Recap: Defensive Woes Doom Cavs
- LaVar Ball Fires Back at LeBron James and His Angry Comments
- LeBron James Helps Design Sneaker for Disabled Athletes
- Video: LeBron James Takes Shot at NBA for Criticizing Rest Days
- LeBron James Angrily Responds to LaVar Ball’s Comments About His Kids
- LeBron Responds to Public Outrage of Teams Resting Players During NBA Season
- Video: LeBron James Clears the Bench So Kevin Love Can Take a Seat
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Los Angeles Lakers Game Recap: Big 3 Combine for 101, Cavs Clinch Playoff Berth
Cavs News: Cavaliers Guarantee Jared Cunningham’s Contract for Rest of Season
- Updated: January 8, 2016
Despite speculation that Cunningham would be released and hit the waiver wire, the 24-year-old guard’s contract with Cleveland became guaranteed on Thursday at 5 PM EST. The Cavaliers had faced a decision on whether to retain or release him by Thursday’s deadline.
After it was reported that Joe Harris could miss the rest of the season due to a looming operation on his right foot, Cunningham’s value as a reserve guard became even more important for a team that has dealt with numerous injuries over the past year.
Outside of Harris’ injury, Mo Williams is also struggling with a right thumb injury. Williams has had surgery on the aforementioned thumb twice in past years.
While Cunningham is playing on his fifth team in four years, he has had his most productive season in 2015-16 since being selected by the Cavs with the 24th overall pick in the 2012 NBA Draft. He started the first three games of his pro career this season and is currently averaging 3.4 points in 27 appearances.