- LeBron James Roasts Kevin Love’s Shoe Game via Social Media
- Cavs Rumors: Cleveland Cavaliers in Advanced Trade Talks With Multiple Teams
- Cavs Rumors: DeAndre Liggins Likely to Win Final Roster Spot on Cavaliers
- Video: LeBron James and Teammates Erupt as Cleveland Indians Advance to World Series
- J.R. Smith Responds to Alleged Racism Towards Jeremy Lin and Asian-Americans
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Washington Wizards Preseason Game Recap: Late Comeback Falls Short
- Video: LeBron James Drives the Lane and Throws Down Two-Handed Hammer
- Kyle Lowry Says He Knows How Raptors Can Beat Cavs in Playoffs
- Tyronn Lue Compares LeBron James and Kyrie Irving to Shaquille O’Neal and Kobe Bryant
- NBA General Managers Predict Who Will Win Fifth MVP Award in 2016-17
Cavs News: Cavaliers Guarantee Jared Cunningham’s Contract for Rest of Season
- Updated: January 8, 2016
Despite speculation that Cunningham would be released and hit the waiver wire, the 24-year-old guard’s contract with Cleveland became guaranteed on Thursday at 5 PM EST. The Cavaliers had faced a decision on whether to retain or release him by Thursday’s deadline.
After it was reported that Joe Harris could miss the rest of the season due to a looming operation on his right foot, Cunningham’s value as a reserve guard became even more important for a team that has dealt with numerous injuries over the past year.
Outside of Harris’ injury, Mo Williams is also struggling with a right thumb injury. Williams has had surgery on the aforementioned thumb twice in past years.
While Cunningham is playing on his fifth team in four years, he has had his most productive season in 2015-16 since being selected by the Cavs with the 24th overall pick in the 2012 NBA Draft. He started the first three games of his pro career this season and is currently averaging 3.4 points in 27 appearances.