- LeBron James Roasts Kevin Love’s Shoe Game via Social Media
- Cavs Rumors: Cleveland Cavaliers in Advanced Trade Talks With Multiple Teams
- Cavs Rumors: DeAndre Liggins Likely to Win Final Roster Spot on Cavaliers
- Video: LeBron James and Teammates Erupt as Cleveland Indians Advance to World Series
- J.R. Smith Responds to Alleged Racism Towards Jeremy Lin and Asian-Americans
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Washington Wizards Preseason Game Recap: Late Comeback Falls Short
- Video: LeBron James Drives the Lane and Throws Down Two-Handed Hammer
- Kyle Lowry Says He Knows How Raptors Can Beat Cavs in Playoffs
- Tyronn Lue Compares LeBron James and Kyrie Irving to Shaquille O’Neal and Kobe Bryant
- NBA General Managers Predict Who Will Win Fifth MVP Award in 2016-17
Cavs Rumors: J.R. Smith Accused of Choking New York Teen
- Updated: November 20, 2015
The New York Daily News was reporting on Friday that Smith, who was playing later that night for the Cavaliers against the New York Knicks, was leaving the 1 OAK nightclub at approximately 4 a.m. when the alleged incident took place. Despite the allegation, no arrest has been made.
The 19-year-old high school student from Harlem making the claim, Justin Brown, stated that Smith had ignored a photo request from him and his friends. A cell phone video shows Smith walking away as Brown’s voice is heard:
“That’s why New York kicked you out, yo!”
The teenager then claimed that Smith pushed him up against the outside of a late-night pizza shop before then putting his hands around Brown’s throat.
A police report on the incident was reported to have been lost, which required the filing of another report three days later.
Smith’s lawyer, Alex Spiro, denied the allegation:
“The allegation is completely false,” Spiro said.
Last season, Smith was asked about the dangers of being a celebrity in nightclubs and other prominent areas:
“For me, I feel like a target every time … I try to handle myself with care when I’m out and about,” Smith reportedly said at the time.
There was no comment from any Cavaliers official as of yet.