- Kyrie Irving Struggling With New Responsibility of Defending Elite Point Guards
- Video: LeBron James Takes Brutal Knee to Groin From Wizards Big Man
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Washington Wizards Game Recap: Cavs Unable to Contain Wizards Onslaught
- Report: LeBron James Officially Listed as Questionable vs. Washington Wizards
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Charlotte Hornets Game Recap: Cavs Clinch Central Division
- Kyrie Irving’s Nike Signature Shoe Now Top-Selling Basketball Sneaker
- Kyrie Irving’s Embarrassed Reaction to LeBron James Singing ‘Happy Birthday’ to Him on Bus
- Video: LeBron James Calls Out Certain Teammates for Lack of Toughness
- Video: Nuggets Reporter Sitting Courtside Trash Talks LeBron James During Game
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Denver Nuggets Game Recap: Defensive Woes Doom Cavs
Cavs Rumors: J.R. Smith Accused of Choking New York Teen
- Updated: November 20, 2015
The New York Daily News was reporting on Friday that Smith, who was playing later that night for the Cavaliers against the New York Knicks, was leaving the 1 OAK nightclub at approximately 4 a.m. when the alleged incident took place. Despite the allegation, no arrest has been made.
The 19-year-old high school student from Harlem making the claim, Justin Brown, stated that Smith had ignored a photo request from him and his friends. A cell phone video shows Smith walking away as Brown’s voice is heard:
“That’s why New York kicked you out, yo!”
The teenager then claimed that Smith pushed him up against the outside of a late-night pizza shop before then putting his hands around Brown’s throat.
A police report on the incident was reported to have been lost, which required the filing of another report three days later.
Smith’s lawyer, Alex Spiro, denied the allegation:
“The allegation is completely false,” Spiro said.
Last season, Smith was asked about the dangers of being a celebrity in nightclubs and other prominent areas:
“For me, I feel like a target every time … I try to handle myself with care when I’m out and about,” Smith reportedly said at the time.
There was no comment from any Cavaliers official as of yet.