- Cavs Rumors: DeAndre Liggins Likely to Win Final Roster Spot on Cavaliers
- Video: LeBron James and Teammates Erupt as Cleveland Indians Advance to World Series
- J.R. Smith Responds to Alleged Racism Towards Jeremy Lin and Asian-Americans
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Washington Wizards Preseason Game Recap: Late Comeback Falls Short
- Video: LeBron James Drives the Lane and Throws Down Two-Handed Hammer
- Kyle Lowry Says He Knows How Raptors Can Beat Cavs in Playoffs
- Tyronn Lue Compares LeBron James and Kyrie Irving to Shaquille O’Neal and Kobe Bryant
- NBA General Managers Predict Who Will Win Fifth MVP Award in 2016-17
- Four Reasons the Cleveland Cavaliers Should Pursue Chris Bosh in 2017
- Iconic LeBron James Banner to Be Replaced in Downtown Cleveland
Cavs News: Jared Cunningham Earns Final Roster Spot as Cavs Waive Quinn Cook
- Updated: October 24, 2015
— Chris Haynes (@ChrisBHaynes) October 24, 2015
Cunningham established himself as the favorite to win the team’s final roster spot since early on in the preseason. He had a 31-point performance in a loss to the Philadelphia 76ers and scored in double figures off of the bench in four of the seven preseason games. He led the team in total points scored during the exhibition.
The 6’4″ guard’s contract will be non-guaranteed, meaning the team can release him at any point during the season and not owe him any more money.
Cook, an undrafted rookie out of the University of Duke, appeared in five preseason games and averaged 3.6 points and 1.8 assists in 12.2 minutes per contest.
The Cavaliers have a deadline of 5 p.m. to officially waive Cook.