- LeBron James Gives Surprising Response When Asked If He’d Ever Become NBA Coach
- Michael Phelps Gives LeBron James Ultimate Compliment After Clutch Performance in Phoenix
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Phoenix Suns Game Recap: Ice-Cold Bron
- Video: LeBron James Discusses What Kyle Korver Brings to the Cavs
- Timofey Mozgov: ‘To be honest I miss Cleveland. Everything was special there’
- Channing Frye’s Reaction to the Kyle Korver Trade Is Pure Gold
- Video: Kyrie Irving Has Difficulty Containing Excitement When Asked About Addition of Kyle Korver
- Video: J.R. Smith and His Wife Share Heartbreaking News via Social Media
- 7 Backup Point Guards Cleveland Cavaliers Could Be Looking to Target
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Brooklyn Nets Game Recap: Alpha Dogs
Cavs News: Jared Cunningham Earns Final Roster Spot as Cavs Waive Quinn Cook
- Updated: October 24, 2015
— Chris Haynes (@ChrisBHaynes) October 24, 2015
Cunningham established himself as the favorite to win the team’s final roster spot since early on in the preseason. He had a 31-point performance in a loss to the Philadelphia 76ers and scored in double figures off of the bench in four of the seven preseason games. He led the team in total points scored during the exhibition.
The 6’4″ guard’s contract will be non-guaranteed, meaning the team can release him at any point during the season and not owe him any more money.
Cook, an undrafted rookie out of the University of Duke, appeared in five preseason games and averaged 3.6 points and 1.8 assists in 12.2 minutes per contest.
The Cavaliers have a deadline of 5 p.m. to officially waive Cook.