- Several Warriors Players Reveal the One Cavs Player They Actually Like
- Nate Robinson Addresses Cavs’ Need for Backup Point Guard
- Richard Jefferson Fires Retaliatory Shot at Stephen Curry’s ‘Champagne’ Comments
- Video: LeBron James Shuts Down Heckling Warriors Fan With Perfect Response
- LeBron James Addresses Draymond Green’s Dirty Flagrant Foul
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Golden State Warriors Game Recap: File and Forget
- Video: Richard Jefferson Goes at Draymond Green After Flagrant Foul on LeBron
- David Griffin Compares LeBron James to Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time
- Report: Carmelo Anthony Would Waive No-Trade Clause to Come to Cleveland
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Sacramento Kings Game Recap: Back on Track
Cavs Rumors: Cavaliers Still Very Interested in Jamal Crawford
- Updated: August 19, 2015
The Cleveland Cavaliers may have plenty of depth, but they are still looking to acquire a big name scorer off the bench.
Frank Isola of the New York Daily News reports that the Cavaliers—along with the New York Knicks—are looking to acquire Los Angeles Clippers guard Jamal Crawford through trade.
Jamal Crawford, the former Knick, is also being pursued by the Cavs. Crawford is entering the final year of his contact.
— Frank Isola (@FisolaNYDN) August 18, 2015
Crawford has been linked to the Cavaliers all summer, and it has even been reported that the 15-year veteran would like to play for Cleveland.
If the Cavaliers were to acquire Crawford, they would have to utilize the trade exception they acquired through the Brendan Haywood trade in late July. The Clippers guard is entering the final year of his contract and is due to earn $5.225 million during the 2015-16 season.
Cleveland is currently in the midst of trying to bring J.R. Smith back after he opted out of his player option for the 2015-16 season. If the Cavaliers were to acquire Crawford through trade, it would rule out any chance of the Cavs re-signing Smith.
Crawford averaged 15.8 points and shot 39.6 percent from the field and 32.7 percent from beyond the arc for the Clippers last season. He has won the Sixth Man of the Year award twice in his career, most recently during the 2013-14 season.