- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Denver Nuggets Game Recap: Defensive Woes Doom Cavs
- LaVar Ball Fires Back at LeBron James and His Angry Comments
- LeBron James Helps Design Sneaker for Disabled Athletes
- Video: LeBron James Takes Shot at NBA for Criticizing Rest Days
- LeBron James Angrily Responds to LaVar Ball’s Comments About His Kids
- LeBron Responds to Public Outrage of Teams Resting Players During NBA Season
- Video: LeBron James Clears the Bench So Kevin Love Can Take a Seat
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Los Angeles Lakers Game Recap: Big 3 Combine for 101, Cavs Clinch Playoff Berth
- Video: LeBron James Casually Sips Coffee From Bench During Cavs-Clippers Game
- NBA Lashes Out at David Griffin for Sitting Out Big 3, Griffin Fires Back
Cavs News: Cavaliers to Sign Matthew Dellavedova to One-Year, $1.2M Deal
- Updated: July 27, 2015
Matthew Dellavedova will return to the Cavs on a one-year deal worth approximately $1.2 million, source w/ knowledge of the deal tells ESPN
— Dave McMenamin (@mcten) July 27, 2015
The two-year veteran will return to Cleveland coming off of a strong playoff performance. Dellavedova was thrust into the starting lineup at different points throughout the postseason due to injuries to starter Kyrie Irving.
Due to being over the salary cap, Chris Mannix of Sports Illustrated is reporting the $4 million Dellavedova was seeking was simply unrealistic.
Cavs tax situation made offering @MatthewDelly the $4 million per season he was seeking unrealistic. He'll try to cash in next summer.
— Chris Mannix (@ChrisMannixSI) July 27, 2015
Dellavedova was a restricted free agent, so even if the point guard signed an offer sheet from another team the Cavaliers would have had the option to match. This will not be the case next season as he will be an unrestricted free agent following the conclusion of the 2015-16 season.
Dellavedova will likely be third on the point guard depth chart behind Irving and Mo Williams. The two-year veteran has averaged 4.7 points and 2.8 assists per game in two seasons in Cleveland.