- Report: Cavs ‘Actively Shopping’ Mo Williams and Jordan McRae
- Cavs Rumors: Cleveland Cavaliers Listening to Trade Offers for Iman Shumpert
- LeBron James Roasts Kevin Love’s Shoe Game via Social Media
- Cavs Rumors: Cleveland Cavaliers in Advanced Trade Talks With Multiple Teams
- Cavs Rumors: DeAndre Liggins Likely to Win Final Roster Spot on Cavaliers
- Video: LeBron James and Teammates Erupt as Cleveland Indians Advance to World Series
- J.R. Smith Responds to Alleged Racism Towards Jeremy Lin and Asian-Americans
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Washington Wizards Preseason Game Recap: Late Comeback Falls Short
- Video: LeBron James Drives the Lane and Throws Down Two-Handed Hammer
- Kyle Lowry Says He Knows How Raptors Can Beat Cavs in Playoffs
Cavs News: Cavaliers to Sign Matthew Dellavedova to One-Year, $1.2M Deal
- Updated: July 27, 2015
Matthew Dellavedova will return to the Cavs on a one-year deal worth approximately $1.2 million, source w/ knowledge of the deal tells ESPN
— Dave McMenamin (@mcten) July 27, 2015
The two-year veteran will return to Cleveland coming off of a strong playoff performance. Dellavedova was thrust into the starting lineup at different points throughout the postseason due to injuries to starter Kyrie Irving.
Due to being over the salary cap, Chris Mannix of Sports Illustrated is reporting the $4 million Dellavedova was seeking was simply unrealistic.
Cavs tax situation made offering @MatthewDelly the $4 million per season he was seeking unrealistic. He'll try to cash in next summer.
— Chris Mannix (@ChrisMannixSI) July 27, 2015
Dellavedova was a restricted free agent, so even if the point guard signed an offer sheet from another team the Cavaliers would have had the option to match. This will not be the case next season as he will be an unrestricted free agent following the conclusion of the 2015-16 season.
Dellavedova will likely be third on the point guard depth chart behind Irving and Mo Williams. The two-year veteran has averaged 4.7 points and 2.8 assists per game in two seasons in Cleveland.