- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Minnesota Timberwolves Game Recap: New Big 3 Combine for 71 in Tight Win
- Video: LeBron James Throws Filthy Bounce Pass Through Andrew Wiggins’ Legs
- Report: Cleveland Cavaliers to Increase Payroll After Kevin Love’s Injury
- LeBron James Speaks Out on Effect of Kevin Love’s Injury
- Cavs News: Kevin Love to Miss Six Weeks After Undergoing Knee Surgery
- Report: Cavs Release Updated Timetable for J.R. Smith’s Return
- Cavs Concerned Kevin Love Could Be in Line for ‘Extended Absence’
- Cavs News: Cleveland Cavaliers Trade Chris Andersen to Charlotte Hornets
- LeBron James Gives His Opinion on Derrick Williams’ Future With Cavs
- Report: Kevin Love Could Miss Extended Period of Time Due to Injury
Cavs News: Dion Waiters Probable for Friday
- Updated: November 14, 2014
After missing Monday night’s game against the New Orleans Pelicans, Cleveland Cavaliers guard Dion Waiters’ status for Friday night’s game in Boston has been upgraded to probable, according to Fox Sports Ohio’s Sam Amico.
Waiters, a third-year guard out of Syracuse University who was the fourth overall selection in the 2012 NBA Draft, sat out after being knocked to the floor during last Friday’s road game against the Denver Nuggets, landing on his tailbone.
Though Waiters would return to the game after the collision, the effects of the hit began to develop, and Cavs’ head coach David Blatt made the decision to keep him out of Monday’s game. Waiters also sat out Wednesday’s practice before returning to the court this afternoon.
Blatt said, “Dion went through the whole practice and looked fairly good,” then added about the Celtics game, “He’s probable. We’ll see how his body responds after the work he did today.”
Waiters, who started the first three games of the season before being switched to coming off the bench, is currently averaging 9.4 points per game and shooting 35 percent from the field.
The Friday game against Boston is set for a 7:30 p.m. Eastern tipoff, and will be the first of a back-to-back weekend, which will see Cleveland return home for a 7:30 matchup on Saturday night against the Atlanta Hawks.