- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
- Kevin Porter Jr. highlights relationship with Carmelo Anthony as he remains away from Cavs
- Report: Steve Nash continues to have no update on Kyrie Irving’s mysterious absence from Nets
Darius Garland gloats about Andre Drummond for stopping ‘one of the best point guards ever’
- Updated: December 27, 2020
The Cleveland Cavaliers captured an impressive win over the Detroit Pistons on Saturday night.
“Crazy. I mean, that just shows you the versatility that he has. The dog that he has. He’s tough,” Garland said of Drummond. “One of the best point guards ever. Derrick Rose is a legend. Just getting those two big stops, that was really big for us. They really just amped our energy.”
Garland, 20, grew up watching Rose in his prime.
In 2011, the 6-foot-2 Rose became the youngest player in NBA history to win the MVP award. He has career averages of 18.8 points, 5.6 assists and 3.4 rebounds per game.
However, the Cavs ceased Rose from looking like his vintage version. In the Cavs’ 128-119 win over the Pistons, the Cavs held Rose to 13 points on 4-of-15 shooting from the field.
Drummond, who was making his return to Detroit for the first time since being trade by the Cavs in February, spearheaded two critical stops at the end of the contest.
The center concluded the game with 23 points, 16 boards, five assists, four steals and three blocks. Garland chipped in with 21 points, 12 assists and five rebounds in 44 minutes of action.