- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
- Kevin Porter Jr. highlights relationship with Carmelo Anthony as he remains away from Cavs
- Report: Steve Nash continues to have no update on Kyrie Irving’s mysterious absence from Nets
Andre Drummond admits he couldn’t sleep because he’s so anxious for season opener
- Updated: December 23, 2020
— Tom Withers (@twithersAP) December 23, 2020
Drummond, 27, will play in his first season opener with the Cavs after being acquired in a trade last season.
The University of Connecticut product appeared in eight games for Cleveland during the 2019-20 season before it was paused due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Since the Cavs didn’t make the cut for the NBA’s restart, Drummond and the Cavs have not played in a regular season game since March.
Clearly, Drummond is excited to get back on the floor. Last season for Cleveland, he averaged 17.5 points, 11.1 rebounds and 1.8 assists per game.
The Cavs are looking to improve upon last season’s 19-46 record. Drummond, a two-time All-Star, should help Cleveland be more competitive this season.
The Cavs and Hornets are scheduled to tip off at 7 p.m. EST tonight.