- Report: Cavs send Kevin Porter Jr. to Rockets for 2nd-round draft pick
- Report: Jarrett Allen was talking trash to Nets about Collin Sexton before his shots even went in
- Cavs head coach issues striking comparison between Collin Sexton and Michael Jordan
- Kyrie Irving and Kevin Durant give major props to Collin Sexton after he drops 42 points on Nets
- Video: Collin Sexton drills cold-blooded 3 in Kyrie Irving’s face to send game into double overtime
- Cavs unveil tribute video as Nets superstar Kyrie Irving returns to Cleveland
- Report: Kyrie Irving to officially start and play in Nets matchup vs. Cavs
- Report: Dylan Windler to return to Cavs lineup Friday vs. Nets
- Report: It’s ‘doubtful’ Cavs will be able to trade Kevin Porter Jr.
- Report: Cavs expected to offer Jarrett Allen massive multiyear contract
Report: Cavs and Knicks discussing trade ahead of NBA draft
- Updated: November 18, 2020
The Cleveland Cavaliers currently own the No. 5 overall pick in the 2020 NBA Draft, but that pick might soon be on the move.
According to Wednesday report, the Cavs and New York Knicks have been discussing a potential trade of first-round picks.
The Cavs and Knicks have discussed trading the No. 5 pick for 8 and 23, but the Cavs are holding out for more, sources told @TheAthleticNBA. For reference, the Pelicans and Hawks swapped 4 for 8, 17 and 35, among other pieces, in a draft-day deal last year.
— Kelsey Russo (@kelseyyrusso) November 18, 2020
The Knicks are desperate to add a talented player to their roster, and it appears that they’re worried their top target may be gone by the eighth overall pick.
As for the Cavs, swapping the No. 5 pick for the No. 8 and No. 23 overall picks would give them the chance to add two solid talents in a fairly deep draft class.
The proposed deal seems to be a potential win-win for both organizations. With just hours to go before the draft commences, it’ll be interested to see if a deal gets done.