- Channing Frye rips Milwaukee Bucks and Giannis Antetokounmpo after Jrue Holiday trade
- Report: Cavs playing crucial role in helping Bucks complete Jrue Holiday trade
- Report: Andre Drummond makes final decision regarding player option with Cavs
- Report: ‘90 percent’ chance Andre Drummond opts into player option with Cavs
- Scary details of Kevin Porter Jr.’s arrest reveal loaded handgun, marijuana and overturned vehicle
- Report: Cavs expected to draft Obi Toppin at No. 5 pick if Deni Avdija is ‘off the board’
- Report: Andre Drummond expected to pick up option in order to facilitate trade
- Cavs break silence regarding Kevin Porter Jr.’s troubling arrest
- Report: Celtics offered multiple 1st-round picks for Cavs’ No. 5 overall pick
- Cavs news: Kevin Porter Jr. arrested on weapons charges
Collin Sexton reveals inspiring message Dwyane Wade gave him during jersey swap
- Updated: October 20, 2020
Wade offered information about the brief discussion with Wade while taking part in a Bleacher Report AMA (Ask Me Anything). At the time, Sexton was in the midst of a bumpy rookie year, while Wade was busy concluding his Hall of Fame career and exchanging jerseys with players across the NBA.
During Sexton’s first two seasons as a member of the Cavaliers, the team has only managed to win 19 games during each season.
Sexton’s performance has improved since his early struggles, with the Cavaliers hoping that he can take another big step forward when next season gets underway.
Over those two seasons, Sexton has averaged 18.5 points, 3.0 assists and 3.0 rebounds per game, numbers that he was able to surpass on a number of occasions this past season.
Sexton came close to being teammates with Wade, with the University of Alabama product arriving in Cleveland less than five months after Wade was traded to Heat in February 2018.
The work ethic of Sexton is such that he appears committed to following Wade’s advice, which is good news for the Cavaliers and offers hope for the team’s future.