- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
- Dylan Windler proceeds with huge life decision on Cavs home court
- Tristan Thompson shares threatening text LeBron James sent after Cavs lost Game 4 of 2016 finals
- Mark Cuban shares incredible picture of Delonte West to prove he’s on path to recovery
- Report: Boston Celtics could offer major trade package for ‘obvious target’ Larry Nance Jr.
Report: Cavs will look for ‘defensive-minded players’ in NBA free agency
- Updated: September 22, 2020
“Since they’re no longer a luxury tax-payer, the Cavaliers will have the $9,258,000 mid-level exception on their hands; this can be used entirely on one free agent or split between multiple players,” Davies wrote. “The Cavs source said that the team will be looking for ‘defensive-minded players’ while also looking to add ‘length and athleticism.’”
The Cavs are coming off a terrible season in which they finished last in the Eastern Conference.
The team will have center Andre Drummond in the middle to anchor its defense next season, and Cleveland can add to its talented young core with the No. 5 pick in the 2020 NBA Draft.
Since both are undersized at the 2-guard position, bringing in a wing defender would help the Cavs guard top notch scorers in the NBA.
Regardless, the Cavs will likely fill out their roster with guys who fit well with Garland’s, Sexton’s and Kevin Porter Jr.’s skill sets as they look toward the future of their rebuild.