- Video: Andre Drummond Drains Acrobatic 3-Pointer in Scrimmage
- Cavs Rumors: Growing Belief That NBA Won’t Create 2nd Bubble for 8 Eliminated Teams
- Report: Cavs Were ‘Livid’ to Be Left Out of NBA Bubble
- Larry Nance Jr. Deems Anthony Davis ‘Monstar’ After Huge Game in NBA Bubble
- Larry Nance Jr. Shares Emotional Message About Why He Feels Lucky to Be on Cavs
- Dylan Windler Offers Incredibly Positive Update on Injury Recovery
- Tristan Thompson Gets Hyped While Explaining Why LeBron James Is the Best Player in the NBA
- Larry Nance Jr. Breaks Down Why He’s a ‘Huge Fan’ of LaMelo Ball
- Report: Cavs and Andre Drummond Exploring ‘Substantial Offer’ for Long-Term Extension
- Report: Cavs Have 1 Draft Prospect ‘Sitting Firmly Towards the Top’ of Their List
Report: Some Cavs Believe Kevin Porter Jr. Can Become Team’s Best Player
- Updated: February 25, 2020
According to a recent report, some of his teammates believe that Monday night’s performance was just a glimpse into Porter Jr.’s potential.
In fact, some members of the team believe Porter Jr. can one day become the Cavs’ best player.
“The Cavs did just that. Porter bounced back emphatically, delivering the kind of performance that has some within the team believing that he might be the one,” Chris Fedor of Cleveland.com wrote. “The one to become the team’s best player at some point. The one to alter the franchise’s trajectory.”
Already in his young NBA career, Porter Jr. has shown the ability to score at will when given the opportunity to do so. Still, he is averaging just 9.9 points, 3.2 rebounds and 2.0 assists per game this season.
That being said, his performance on Monday night may have signaled a major turning point. In the overtime win, Porter Jr. recorded 30 points, eight rebounds and three assists.
So far this month, the No. 30 overall pick of the 2019 NBA Draft has averaged 14.3 points, 3.3 rebounds and 2.5 assists per game.
With just under two months left before his rookie season comes to an end, Porter Jr. will get ample opportunities to show what his potential can be.
If the Cavs can enter the offseason with the belief that they have a bonafide future star, they will likely feel much more confident about how to continue their rebuild going forward.