- Larry Nance Jr. Claims All NBA Players Are Already ‘Out of Basketball Shape’
- Kevin Love Speculates How NBA Will Return for Rest of 2019-20 Season
- Report: Andre Drummond to Face Off Against DeMarcus Cousins in NBA 2K Tournament
- Larry Nance Jr.’s Hilarious Reason for Wanting to Resume Season Has Nothing to Do With Cavs
- Beth McLeod Touched by LeBron James’ Thoughts and Prayers
- Matthew Dellavedova Takes Playful Shot at Random Appearance of Cedi Osman
- Darius Garland Sends Somber Message Due to Lull in NBA Season
- Larry Nance Jr.: ‘I Have Zero Interest in Anything Basketball-Related Right Now’
- Report: Cavs’ Strength and Conditioning Trainers Keeping Team Ready
- Kyrie Irving Reveals Incredible Advice Kobe Bryant Gave Him Midway Through 2016 NBA Finals
Cavs News: Darius Garland Out Tuesday vs. New Orleans Pelicans
- Updated: January 28, 2020
Unfortunately, fans won’t get to see Cavs rookie guard face off against No. 1 overall pick after all.
That’s because Garland has been ruled out for the game in order to rest.
#Cavs injury report for tonight’s game against the Pelicans:
— Kelsey Russo (@kelseyyrusso) January 28, 2020
While Garland missed the vast majority of his lone season at Vanderbilt University with a knee injury, he has been a mainstay in the Cavs’ rotation all season long.
Tuesday night’s game will be the first game he’ll miss so far in his rookie season.
Garland got off to a somewhat slow start to his NBA career. He averaged just 11.5 points and 2.8 assists over his first two full months in the league.
Luckily, the point guard started off the new year with a bang, and his production has remained high throughout January. So far this month, Garland is averaging 14.3 points and 5.1 assists per game.
It’s a shame that Garland and Williamson won’t get to share the floor on Tuesday night.
Still, the Cavs likely know exactly what they’re doing when it comes to giving their prized rookie some much-deserved rest.