- Kendrick Perkins Takes Jab at Kyrie Irving Replacing Pau Gasol as NBPA Vice President
- Cavs Rumors: J.B. Bickerstaff Expected to Replace Head Coach John Beilein
- Report: John Beilein Has Become ‘Unhappy’ and ‘Miserable’ as Cavs Head Coach
- Report: John Beilein Expected to Step Down as Cavs Head Coach
- Video: Kevin Love Shares Powerful Words About Depression Alongside Barack Obama
- Darius Garland Being Compared to Stephen Curry and Damian Lillard
- Video: Collin Sexton Seen Putting in Additional Work in After 2020 Rising Stars Game
- Dwyane Wade Says He Felt Like a ‘Zombie’ During His Stint on Cavs
- Report: Cavs Player Believes Andre Drummond Gives Team ‘Championship-Level Frontcourt’
- Tristan Thompson Says LeBron James Has ‘Worst Diet Ever’ and ‘Eats Like S—‘
Cavs News: Darius Garland Out Tuesday vs. New Orleans Pelicans
- Updated: January 28, 2020
Unfortunately, fans won’t get to see Cavs rookie guard face off against No. 1 overall pick after all.
That’s because Garland has been ruled out for the game in order to rest.
#Cavs injury report for tonight’s game against the Pelicans:
— Kelsey Russo (@kelseyyrusso) January 28, 2020
While Garland missed the vast majority of his lone season at Vanderbilt University with a knee injury, he has been a mainstay in the Cavs’ rotation all season long.
Tuesday night’s game will be the first game he’ll miss so far in his rookie season.
Garland got off to a somewhat slow start to his NBA career. He averaged just 11.5 points and 2.8 assists over his first two full months in the league.
Luckily, the point guard started off the new year with a bang, and his production has remained high throughout January. So far this month, Garland is averaging 14.3 points and 5.1 assists per game.
It’s a shame that Garland and Williamson won’t get to share the floor on Tuesday night.
Still, the Cavs likely know exactly what they’re doing when it comes to giving their prized rookie some much-deserved rest.