- Disturbing photos emerge of Delonte West begging for money in Dallas
- Photos leaked of ‘hulked up’ Collin Sexton from Cavs minicamp
- Kevin Garnett schools LeBron James fans ‘who don’t know s–t’ about Cavs’ 2010 playoff collapse
- Report: Cavs source identifies several improvements in Darius Garland’s game
- Report: Cavs internally comparing Collin Sexton to Donovan Mitchell and Eric Bledsoe
- Report: Cavs will look for ‘defensive-minded players’ in NBA free agency
- Report: Cavs confidently view J.B. Bickerstaff as ‘head coach of the future’
- Cavs Rumors: Collin Sexton Looking ‘Monstrous’ and ‘Huge’ After Working on Body During Hiatus
- Here’s the Latest Update on ‘Mutual Interest’ Between Tristan Thompson and the Cavs
- Report: Darius Garland ‘Feels Snubbed and Disrespected’ by Exclusion From All-Rookie Teams
Cavs News: Darius Garland Out Tuesday vs. New Orleans Pelicans
- Updated: January 28, 2020
Unfortunately, fans won’t get to see Cavs rookie guard face off against No. 1 overall pick after all.
That’s because Garland has been ruled out for the game in order to rest.
#Cavs injury report for tonight’s game against the Pelicans:
— Kelsey Russo (@kelseyyrusso) January 28, 2020
While Garland missed the vast majority of his lone season at Vanderbilt University with a knee injury, he has been a mainstay in the Cavs’ rotation all season long.
Tuesday night’s game will be the first game he’ll miss so far in his rookie season.
Garland got off to a somewhat slow start to his NBA career. He averaged just 11.5 points and 2.8 assists over his first two full months in the league.
Luckily, the point guard started off the new year with a bang, and his production has remained high throughout January. So far this month, Garland is averaging 14.3 points and 5.1 assists per game.
It’s a shame that Garland and Williamson won’t get to share the floor on Tuesday night.
Still, the Cavs likely know exactly what they’re doing when it comes to giving their prized rookie some much-deserved rest.