- Report: Cavs send Kevin Porter Jr. to Rockets for 2nd-round draft pick
- Report: Jarrett Allen was talking trash to Nets about Collin Sexton before his shots even went in
- Cavs head coach issues striking comparison between Collin Sexton and Michael Jordan
- Kyrie Irving and Kevin Durant give major props to Collin Sexton after he drops 42 points on Nets
- Video: Collin Sexton drills cold-blooded 3 in Kyrie Irving’s face to send game into double overtime
- Cavs unveil tribute video as Nets superstar Kyrie Irving returns to Cleveland
- Report: Kyrie Irving to officially start and play in Nets matchup vs. Cavs
- Report: Dylan Windler to return to Cavs lineup Friday vs. Nets
- Report: It’s ‘doubtful’ Cavs will be able to trade Kevin Porter Jr.
- Report: Cavs expected to offer Jarrett Allen massive multiyear contract
Cavs News: Darius Garland Out Tuesday vs. New Orleans Pelicans
- Updated: January 28, 2020
Unfortunately, fans won’t get to see Cavs rookie guard face off against No. 1 overall pick after all.
That’s because Garland has been ruled out for the game in order to rest.
#Cavs injury report for tonight’s game against the Pelicans:
— Kelsey Russo (@kelseyyrusso) January 28, 2020
While Garland missed the vast majority of his lone season at Vanderbilt University with a knee injury, he has been a mainstay in the Cavs’ rotation all season long.
Tuesday night’s game will be the first game he’ll miss so far in his rookie season.
Garland got off to a somewhat slow start to his NBA career. He averaged just 11.5 points and 2.8 assists over his first two full months in the league.
Luckily, the point guard started off the new year with a bang, and his production has remained high throughout January. So far this month, Garland is averaging 14.3 points and 5.1 assists per game.
It’s a shame that Garland and Williamson won’t get to share the floor on Tuesday night.
Still, the Cavs likely know exactly what they’re doing when it comes to giving their prized rookie some much-deserved rest.