- Tristan Thompson hopes Cavs retire his jersey, makes perfect analogy to ‘tough, gritty MFs’ of Cleveland
- LeBron James offers heavy praise for Cavs rebuild, admits he pays ‘close attention’ to team
- Dylan Windler throws subtle shade at refs for not getting foul call after slam on Kyle Kuzma
- Video: LeBron James has heartwarming reunion with Cedi Osman prior to Cavs game vs. Lakers
- LeBron James reveals Cavs fan that mocked him, which led to 21-point explosion in 4th quarter
- Collin Sexton opens up on why Cavs needed blowout loss versus Celtics
- Report: Brooklyn Nets are hoping Andre Drummond gets bought out by Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: LeBron James gave Cavs teammates ‘300’ style Spartan shields before facing Warriors in 2016 Finals
- Report: Larry Nance Jr. to miss Monday’s game vs. Lakers with new injury
- Report: Cavs could try to flip Andre Drummond and Kevin Love for draft capital
Cedi Osman to Donate $100 to Earthquake Victims for Every 3-Point Shot Made Tonight
- Updated: January 25, 2020
Tonight I will donate 100 USD to the victims of earthquake in Elazığ, Turkey for every 3 points shot made by Cleveland Cavaliers and Chicago Bulls. Come on guys show what we can do together! @Cavs @chicagobulls @Kizilay
The 6.7 earthquake struck on Friday, with the death toll as of Saturday afternoon listed at 29 and at least 1,400 injured.
In addition, the level of damage to buildings is expected to be extensive.
Osman has played internationally for Turkish national teams and has a personal connection to the country due to his family roots.
While those factors serve as the basis for Osman’s gesture, the fact that he’s making an effort to show his concern for the crisis is admirable.
Osman’s own contributions this season when it comes to 3-pointers show him averaging 1.9 per game, with a 1.4 average over the course of his three-year career.
It’s conceivable that Osman could extend this effort beyond Saturday night’s game against Chicago, depending on the severity of what’s now taking place. Such news will come in the days ahead.