- Report: Andre Drummond ‘Near Certainty’ to Return to Cavs With Option Date Updated
- Kevin Love Donates $500,000 to UCLA’s Psychology Department for Mental Health Awareness
- Video: Kevin Love Releases Heartfelt Message After Winning Prestigious ESPY Award
- Jordan Clarkson Disses Donald Trump After Latest Coronavirus Comments: ‘This Is the Dumbest S–t I Heard’
- Andre Drummond Hypes Up Darius Garland After He Breaks Ankles in Scrimmage Video
- Why Cavs Have Extensive Knowledge on Deni Avdija Because of J.B. Bickerstaff
- Report: Cavs Continue to Use Damian Lillard, C.J. McCollum as Model for Darius Garland, Collin Sexton
- Tristan Thompson Reminisces on Cavs Championship as ‘Legendary Father’s Day’
- Numbers Show That Cavs Rookie Darius Garland Was NBA’s Worst Player This Season
- Trae Young Explains How Kevin Love Helped Change His Life by Speaking Out About Mental Health
Kevin Porter Jr. Posts Emotional Message of Gratitude to Darius Garland
- Updated: January 2, 2020
While the Cleveland Cavaliers’ young core still hasn’t mastered the ways of winning, it’s still ahead of the game when it comes to team unity.
Porter, 19, was the No. 30 pick in the 2019 draft. Although the 6-foot-4 pro had a slow start to the season, he has improved his production with increased playing time.
Porter is putting up 8.6 points, 3.3 rebounds and 2.0 assists per game off the bench this season.
As a matter of fact, shipping Clarkson away should give the University of Southern California product more time to develop and become a key contributor for the Cavs from here on out.
Garland hasn’t exactly had an explosive start to his rookie year either. Despite being the No. 5 pick in the 2019 draft, he is taking his time to acclimate to the league and find his offensive groove. The point guard is averaging 11.3 points, 2.9 assists and 2.0 boards per game this season.
While both rookies are still getting their feet wet in the NBA, the Cavs are committed to their growth and development.