- Larry Nance Jr. Claims All NBA Players Are Already ‘Out of Basketball Shape’
- Kevin Love Speculates How NBA Will Return for Rest of 2019-20 Season
- Report: Andre Drummond to Face Off Against DeMarcus Cousins in NBA 2K Tournament
- Larry Nance Jr.’s Hilarious Reason for Wanting to Resume Season Has Nothing to Do With Cavs
- Beth McLeod Touched by LeBron James’ Thoughts and Prayers
- Matthew Dellavedova Takes Playful Shot at Random Appearance of Cedi Osman
- Darius Garland Sends Somber Message Due to Lull in NBA Season
- Larry Nance Jr.: ‘I Have Zero Interest in Anything Basketball-Related Right Now’
- Report: Cavs’ Strength and Conditioning Trainers Keeping Team Ready
- Kyrie Irving Reveals Incredible Advice Kobe Bryant Gave Him Midway Through 2016 NBA Finals
Kevin Porter Jr. Posts Emotional Message of Gratitude to Darius Garland
- Updated: January 2, 2020
While the Cleveland Cavaliers’ young core still hasn’t mastered the ways of winning, it’s still ahead of the game when it comes to team unity.
Porter, 19, was the No. 30 pick in the 2019 draft. Although the 6-foot-4 pro had a slow start to the season, he has improved his production with increased playing time.
Porter is putting up 8.6 points, 3.3 rebounds and 2.0 assists per game off the bench this season.
As a matter of fact, shipping Clarkson away should give the University of Southern California product more time to develop and become a key contributor for the Cavs from here on out.
Garland hasn’t exactly had an explosive start to his rookie year either. Despite being the No. 5 pick in the 2019 draft, he is taking his time to acclimate to the league and find his offensive groove. The point guard is averaging 11.3 points, 2.9 assists and 2.0 boards per game this season.
While both rookies are still getting their feet wet in the NBA, the Cavs are committed to their growth and development.