- Report: Cavs send Kevin Porter Jr. to Rockets for 2nd-round draft pick
- Report: Jarrett Allen was talking trash to Nets about Collin Sexton before his shots even went in
- Cavs head coach issues striking comparison between Collin Sexton and Michael Jordan
- Kyrie Irving and Kevin Durant give major props to Collin Sexton after he drops 42 points on Nets
- Video: Collin Sexton drills cold-blooded 3 in Kyrie Irving’s face to send game into double overtime
- Cavs unveil tribute video as Nets superstar Kyrie Irving returns to Cleveland
- Report: Kyrie Irving to officially start and play in Nets matchup vs. Cavs
- Report: Dylan Windler to return to Cavs lineup Friday vs. Nets
- Report: It’s ‘doubtful’ Cavs will be able to trade Kevin Porter Jr.
- Report: Cavs expected to offer Jarrett Allen massive multiyear contract
Kevin Porter Jr. Posts Emotional Message of Gratitude to Darius Garland
- Updated: January 2, 2020
While the Cleveland Cavaliers’ young core still hasn’t mastered the ways of winning, it’s still ahead of the game when it comes to team unity.
Porter, 19, was the No. 30 pick in the 2019 draft. Although the 6-foot-4 pro had a slow start to the season, he has improved his production with increased playing time.
Porter is putting up 8.6 points, 3.3 rebounds and 2.0 assists per game off the bench this season.
As a matter of fact, shipping Clarkson away should give the University of Southern California product more time to develop and become a key contributor for the Cavs from here on out.
Garland hasn’t exactly had an explosive start to his rookie year either. Despite being the No. 5 pick in the 2019 draft, he is taking his time to acclimate to the league and find his offensive groove. The point guard is averaging 11.3 points, 2.9 assists and 2.0 boards per game this season.
While both rookies are still getting their feet wet in the NBA, the Cavs are committed to their growth and development.