- Report: Cavs send Kevin Porter Jr. to Rockets for 2nd-round draft pick
- Report: Jarrett Allen was talking trash to Nets about Collin Sexton before his shots even went in
- Cavs head coach issues striking comparison between Collin Sexton and Michael Jordan
- Kyrie Irving and Kevin Durant give major props to Collin Sexton after he drops 42 points on Nets
- Video: Collin Sexton drills cold-blooded 3 in Kyrie Irving’s face to send game into double overtime
- Cavs unveil tribute video as Nets superstar Kyrie Irving returns to Cleveland
- Report: Kyrie Irving to officially start and play in Nets matchup vs. Cavs
- Report: Dylan Windler to return to Cavs lineup Friday vs. Nets
- Report: It’s ‘doubtful’ Cavs will be able to trade Kevin Porter Jr.
- Report: Cavs expected to offer Jarrett Allen massive multiyear contract
J.R. Smith Issues Veiled Plea for NBA Team to Sign Him
- Updated: December 25, 2019
He hasn’t suited up for an NBA game since Nov. 19, 2018, and while it was once believed that he would sign with a contender looking for perimeter shooting, that opportunity never came to pass.
Now, with the clock very much ticking on his relevancy in the NBA, Smith has taken to Twitter to issue what appears to be a plea for any team in the NBA to give him a chance.
How many teams lack shooting an perimeter defense??
— JR Smith (@TheRealJRSmith) December 24, 2019
It’s a legitimate question for Smith to ask, and the answer surely is quite a few. Still, it has become quite clear that teams around the NBA simply do not think the 34-year-old veteran is worth signing.
Surely, it is possible that injuries do lead to a spot opening up for a team in the NBA, but that is in no way guaranteed.
Until then, Smith will have to continue working on his game and waiting for the phone to ring.
Given what has taken place since he parted ways with Cavs last season, however, it seems quite likely that that phone call will never come.