- Cavs superstar Kevin Love seen working out in New York with renowned trainer
- Kevin Porter Jr. shares scary, suicidal Instagram post as fans beg him to seek help
- Report: Cavs hoping to attend workout of top NBA draft prospect Devin Vassell
- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
- Dylan Windler proceeds with huge life decision on Cavs home court
Report: Cavs Player Quips That ‘Cleveland Ages Coaches Quickly’
- Updated: December 4, 2019
Chris Fedor of Cleveland.com recently wrote about the fallout from Tuesday’s 127-94 loss to the Detroit Pistons. He mentioned that one player joked that Cleveland has long been known as a place that can be hard on head coaches.
“One player joked in the locker room that being in Cleveland ages coaches quickly,” Fedor wrote. “Just look at Tyronn Lue. But that same player hasn’t seen Beilein’s demeanor change in the face of adversity and expects Beilein to stay true to himself, doing everything he can to turn this franchise around.
“That’s the same view that many of the players shared about Beilein after the former college coach racked up his 15th loss, matching the total he had at Michigan in his final two seasons.”
Luckily, the unnamed player doesn’t seem worried about Beilein specifically. Still, it is hard to ignore that this season has been tough so far. At the moment, the Cavs sit near the bottom of the Eastern Conference with a record of 5-15.
That being said, there is a lot of season left and a lot of time for Beilein and company to turn things around.
While Beilein may be quite a bit older than the average rookie NBA head coach, that age comes with years of experience.
He’ll likely continue to draw upon his decades of success at the collegiate level to try to turn things around in Cleveland.