- Report: Officer Suspended for Filming Delonte West While Shirtless and Handcuffed
- Kevin Love Says Collin Sexton Was ‘Pretty Hard on Himself’ During Loss to Knicks
- Former Cavs Player Delonte West Seen Getting Beat Down on Freeway
- Report: Cavs Sign Tyler Cook to 2nd 10-Day Contract
- Report: Some Cavs Players Still Question John Beilein’s Ability to Succeed in NBA
- Tristan Thompson Indicates Refs Were Wrong to Eject Him for Incident With Jae Crowder
- Tristan Thompson Gets Ejected for Slapping Jae Crowder’s Behind
- Jose Calderon Details LeBron James Breaking His Hand After Game 1 of 2018 NBA Finals
- Collin Sexton Says There Was a Lot of ‘Disrespect’ Amongst Cavs Players Early in Season
- Report: NBA Executives Believe Kevin Love Was Primary Voice Behind Criticism of John Beilein
Report: Cavs Player Quips That ‘Cleveland Ages Coaches Quickly’
- Updated: December 4, 2019
Chris Fedor of Cleveland.com recently wrote about the fallout from Tuesday’s 127-94 loss to the Detroit Pistons. He mentioned that one player joked that Cleveland has long been known as a place that can be hard on head coaches.
“One player joked in the locker room that being in Cleveland ages coaches quickly,” Fedor wrote. “Just look at Tyronn Lue. But that same player hasn’t seen Beilein’s demeanor change in the face of adversity and expects Beilein to stay true to himself, doing everything he can to turn this franchise around.
“That’s the same view that many of the players shared about Beilein after the former college coach racked up his 15th loss, matching the total he had at Michigan in his final two seasons.”
Luckily, the unnamed player doesn’t seem worried about Beilein specifically. Still, it is hard to ignore that this season has been tough so far. At the moment, the Cavs sit near the bottom of the Eastern Conference with a record of 5-15.
That being said, there is a lot of season left and a lot of time for Beilein and company to turn things around.
While Beilein may be quite a bit older than the average rookie NBA head coach, that age comes with years of experience.
He’ll likely continue to draw upon his decades of success at the collegiate level to try to turn things around in Cleveland.