- Larry Nance Jr. Pays Respect to Kobe Bryant as He Shows Off Latest Cavs Workout
- Report: Cavs ‘Eager to Play’ as Hot Debate Regarding How NBA Should Return Continues
- Pelicans Rookie Declares LeBron James Buzzer-Beater Favorite Game-Winner in NBA History
- J.B. Bickerstaff on Collin Sexton: ‘You Will Not Find a Guy Who Is More Serious About His Game’
- Andre Drummond Leaves Waitress Stunned as He Leaves Enormous Tip on Check
- Kendrick Perkins Says James Harden Better All-Around Player Than Stephen Curry
- Report: International Club to Target Ante Zizic This Offseason
- Kevin Porter Jr. Sends Passionate Message to City of Cleveland
- Khloe Kardashian Sends NSFW Message to Woman Claiming to Be Mother of Tristan Thompson’s Son
- Ranking the 10 Best Players in Cleveland Cavaliers History
Report: Cavs Player Quips That ‘Cleveland Ages Coaches Quickly’
- Updated: December 4, 2019
Chris Fedor of Cleveland.com recently wrote about the fallout from Tuesday’s 127-94 loss to the Detroit Pistons. He mentioned that one player joked that Cleveland has long been known as a place that can be hard on head coaches.
“One player joked in the locker room that being in Cleveland ages coaches quickly,” Fedor wrote. “Just look at Tyronn Lue. But that same player hasn’t seen Beilein’s demeanor change in the face of adversity and expects Beilein to stay true to himself, doing everything he can to turn this franchise around.
“That’s the same view that many of the players shared about Beilein after the former college coach racked up his 15th loss, matching the total he had at Michigan in his final two seasons.”
Luckily, the unnamed player doesn’t seem worried about Beilein specifically. Still, it is hard to ignore that this season has been tough so far. At the moment, the Cavs sit near the bottom of the Eastern Conference with a record of 5-15.
That being said, there is a lot of season left and a lot of time for Beilein and company to turn things around.
While Beilein may be quite a bit older than the average rookie NBA head coach, that age comes with years of experience.
He’ll likely continue to draw upon his decades of success at the collegiate level to try to turn things around in Cleveland.