- Tristan Thompson Talks Trash to 76ers Bench After Hitting 3-Pointer
- Report: 76ers Could Be Without Multiple All-Stars for Tuesday’s Game vs. Cavs
- Report: Knicks Owner James Dolan ‘Ordered’ Front Office to Address Media After Blowout Loss to Cavs
- John Beilein and Kevin Love Applaud Tristan Thompson for Taking on Leadership Role This Season
- Report: New York Knicks in Misery After Blowout Loss to Cleveland Cavaliers
- Tristan Thompson Says Cavs Are Seeking to Make Playoffs This Season
- Report: Michael Jordan Once Destroyed Cavs After Drinking 10 Bud Lights
- Kevin Love Sends Message to Gordon Hayward After His Devastating Injury News
- LeBron James Hints at How He ‘Got Into It in Cleveland’ With Tyronn Lue
- Bradley Beal Gushes Over Darius Garland: ‘He Was Already Destined for This’
Video: Tyronn Lue Blatantly Disrespects Rich Paul During Lakers-Clippers Game
- Updated: October 23, 2019
On opening night in the NBA, Los Angeles Clippers assistant coach Tyronn Lue wasn’t feeling too friendly with sports agent Rich Paul.
After Paul George shook hands and hugged the Klutch Sports Group founder, Lue looked strangely at Paul and brushed him off.
Why Ty Lue do Rich Paul like that? 🤣
— SLAM (@SLAMonline) October 23, 2019
One possible reason for the cold reception from Lue could be the fact that LeBron James, whom Paul represents, is no longer one of his players, but instead plays for a rival team.
James and the former Cleveland Cavaliers coach won a championship together in 2016, but both have since moved to L.A. albeit with different teams. Lue joined the Clippers as an assistant coach this summer, while James signed with the Los Angeles Lakers last year.
Though it appeared as if he had a grudge against one of the NBA’s highest profile agents, Lue looks like he was just being playful with him. Towards the latter part of the clip, Paul appeared to laugh at something that Lue said or did.
The exchange between the two happened during the game between the Clippers and Los Angeles Lakers on Tuesday night, with the former playing host to the latter. The Clippers came out on top, 112-102, as Kawhi Leonard led all scorers with 30 points to go along with six rebounds and five assists. Meanwhile, James only managed to score 18 points to go along with nine rebounds and eight assists.