- Report: Teams Were Asking Cavs to Give Them Money for Trouble of Trading for Kevin Love
- J.B. Bickerstaff Says Cavs Will Give Kevin Porter Jr. Heavy Workload After All-Star Break
- Former Michigan Player Defends John Beilein, Destroys Cavs Players for Not Valuing Winning
- Kevin Love Explains Why John Beilein’s a ‘Real Man’ Despite His Departure
- Cavs Rumors: John Beilein Treated His Players Like ‘Dictator’
- Report: Cavs Reassigning John Beilein to Different Role Within Organization
- Report: Cavs May Try to Trade Andre Drummond This Summer
- Report: Cavs Players Began Blasting ‘Thuggish Ruggish Bone’ and ‘Thugz Mansion’ in Front of John Beilein
- Report: John Beilein Expected to Forfeit Nearly $20M to Leave Cavs Coaching Job
- Collin Sexton Says His Game Has Improved in ‘Every Aspect’ Since Entering NBA
Report: Cavs Officially Sign Tyler Cook to Two-Way Contract
- Updated: October 19, 2019
Tyler Cook, the newest #Cavs addition. He officially has the second two-way contract slot. Beilein is very familiar with the former Iowa forward, who he tried to recruit to Michigan. pic.twitter.com/hbUCls7Kgm
— Spencer Davies (@SpinDavies) October 19, 2019
Cook, 22, was cut by the Denver Nuggets on Wednesday before getting claimed by the Cavs on Friday. With Dean Wade given the first of two available two-way contracts, the fight for the second one was mainly between Cook and big man Marques Bolden.
Ultimately, the Cavs chose Cook.
While the forward played in just two games for the Nuggets this preseason, he showed off his NBA potential during his college years. In three seasons with the University of Iowa, the 6-foot-9 pro averaged 14.1 points and 6.7 rebounds in 28.0 minutes per game.
Furthermore, new Cavs head coach John Beilein tried to recruit Cook to the University of Michigan during his college career. While the wish didn’t fall into place a couple years ago, both men will be together as they start new chapters of their lives with the Cavs this season.
Cleveland opens up the 2019-20 NBA regular season against the Orlando Magic on Wednesday.