- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
- Dylan Windler proceeds with huge life decision on Cavs home court
- Tristan Thompson shares threatening text LeBron James sent after Cavs lost Game 4 of 2016 finals
- Mark Cuban shares incredible picture of Delonte West to prove he’s on path to recovery
- Report: Boston Celtics could offer major trade package for ‘obvious target’ Larry Nance Jr.
Report: Cavs Officially Sign Tyler Cook to Two-Way Contract
- Updated: October 19, 2019
Tyler Cook, the newest #Cavs addition. He officially has the second two-way contract slot. Beilein is very familiar with the former Iowa forward, who he tried to recruit to Michigan. pic.twitter.com/hbUCls7Kgm
— Spencer Davies (@SpinDavies) October 19, 2019
Cook, 22, was cut by the Denver Nuggets on Wednesday before getting claimed by the Cavs on Friday. With Dean Wade given the first of two available two-way contracts, the fight for the second one was mainly between Cook and big man Marques Bolden.
Ultimately, the Cavs chose Cook.
While the forward played in just two games for the Nuggets this preseason, he showed off his NBA potential during his college years. In three seasons with the University of Iowa, the 6-foot-9 pro averaged 14.1 points and 6.7 rebounds in 28.0 minutes per game.
Furthermore, new Cavs head coach John Beilein tried to recruit Cook to the University of Michigan during his college career. While the wish didn’t fall into place a couple years ago, both men will be together as they start new chapters of their lives with the Cavs this season.
Cleveland opens up the 2019-20 NBA regular season against the Orlando Magic on Wednesday.