- Report: Cavs Have Made Everyone Except Darius Garland Available in Trade Talks
- Report: Cavs Asking for 1st-Round Pick in Exchange for Kevin Love
- Tristan Thompson Gushes About Kevin Porter Jr.: ‘The Kid Has Something Special’
- Report: Cavs Actively Listening to Trade Proposals for Kevin Love
- Cavs Rumors: Kevin Love ‘Prefers’ Trade to Portland Trail Blazers
- Kevin Porter Jr. Rips Cavs Defense, Says ‘We Keep Ball-Watching’
- Tristan Thompson’s Statement After Cavs Loss: ‘Rather Lose Like This Than Any Other F——— Way’
- Report: John Beilein Reached Out to 76ers Coach on How to Deal With Struggling Cavs
- Report: Portland Trail Blazers Could Package Hassan Whiteside, 1st-Round Pick for Kevin Love
- Report: Denver Nuggets Could Package Multiple Players in Trade for Kevin Love
Report: Cavs Officially Sign Tyler Cook to Two-Way Contract
- Updated: October 19, 2019
Tyler Cook, the newest #Cavs addition. He officially has the second two-way contract slot. Beilein is very familiar with the former Iowa forward, who he tried to recruit to Michigan. pic.twitter.com/hbUCls7Kgm
— Spencer Davies (@SpinDavies) October 19, 2019
Cook, 22, was cut by the Denver Nuggets on Wednesday before getting claimed by the Cavs on Friday. With Dean Wade given the first of two available two-way contracts, the fight for the second one was mainly between Cook and big man Marques Bolden.
Ultimately, the Cavs chose Cook.
While the forward played in just two games for the Nuggets this preseason, he showed off his NBA potential during his college years. In three seasons with the University of Iowa, the 6-foot-9 pro averaged 14.1 points and 6.7 rebounds in 28.0 minutes per game.
Furthermore, new Cavs head coach John Beilein tried to recruit Cook to the University of Michigan during his college career. While the wish didn’t fall into place a couple years ago, both men will be together as they start new chapters of their lives with the Cavs this season.
Cleveland opens up the 2019-20 NBA regular season against the Orlando Magic on Wednesday.