- J.R. Smith annihilates Olivia Harlan Dekker, insinuates husband uses N-bombs
- Sam Dekker’s wife agrees that J.R. Smith amongst ‘dumbest people on planet’
- Sam Dekker issues strong response to J.R. Smith’s accusation that he supports Donald Trump
- Report: Cavs to hold pre-draft workouts for Obi Toppin, other top prospects this week
- J.R. Smith says former Cavs swingman was only teammate he couldn’t ‘stand’ in entire NBA career
- Report: J.B. Bickerstaff reveals ‘positive’ conversations with Andre Drummond about future with Cavs
- Skip Bayless makes strong argument why he would take 2016 Cavs over 2020 Lakers
- LeBron James gets ‘chills’ rewatching Cavs’ historic NBA Finals win over Warriors
- Andre Drummond hints at working towards major evolution in his game
- Video: Cavs big man seen getting schooled by WNBA star in 1-on-1 matchup
J.R. Smith’s Brother Hints at Possible Connection With Western Conference Contender
- Updated: July 27, 2019
In one of his recent Instagram stories, Smith’s brother, Chris, shared a photo of the Houston Rockets’ superstar duo of James Harden and Russell Westbrook. He added a caption that suggests a connection between the Rockets and Smith.
— Alykhan Bijani (@Rockets_Insider) July 27, 2019
Whether Smith is currently in negotiations with the Rockets or his brother is just hoping to see Smith join forces with one of the most dynamic backcourts in the league remains to be seen.
The 3-pointer is a critical weapon in the Rockets’ arsenal. They are the league’s most prolific 3-point shooting team with 45.3 attempts per game. If Houston signs him to a contract, Smith should feel right at home in a Rockets uniform, jacking up shots from beyond the arc with regularity.
After four and a half seasons with the Cavs, the 15-year veteran could be rejuvenated by playing for a title contender once again.
He could very well be a solid contributor to a championship contender. The 33-year-old shooting guard is a terrific catch-and-shoot option for any team that is looking to improve its outside shooting.