- Kendrick Perkins Takes Jab at Kyrie Irving Replacing Pau Gasol as NBPA Vice President
- Cavs Rumors: J.B. Bickerstaff Expected to Replace Head Coach John Beilein
- Report: John Beilein Has Become ‘Unhappy’ and ‘Miserable’ as Cavs Head Coach
- Report: John Beilein Expected to Step Down as Cavs Head Coach
- Video: Kevin Love Shares Powerful Words About Depression Alongside Barack Obama
- Darius Garland Being Compared to Stephen Curry and Damian Lillard
- Video: Collin Sexton Seen Putting in Additional Work in After 2020 Rising Stars Game
- Dwyane Wade Says He Felt Like a ‘Zombie’ During His Stint on Cavs
- Report: Cavs Player Believes Andre Drummond Gives Team ‘Championship-Level Frontcourt’
- Tristan Thompson Says LeBron James Has ‘Worst Diet Ever’ and ‘Eats Like S—‘
J.R. Smith’s Brother Hints at Possible Connection With Western Conference Contender
- Updated: July 27, 2019
In one of his recent Instagram stories, Smith’s brother, Chris, shared a photo of the Houston Rockets’ superstar duo of James Harden and Russell Westbrook. He added a caption that suggests a connection between the Rockets and Smith.
— Alykhan Bijani (@Rockets_Insider) July 27, 2019
Whether Smith is currently in negotiations with the Rockets or his brother is just hoping to see Smith join forces with one of the most dynamic backcourts in the league remains to be seen.
The 3-pointer is a critical weapon in the Rockets’ arsenal. They are the league’s most prolific 3-point shooting team with 45.3 attempts per game. If Houston signs him to a contract, Smith should feel right at home in a Rockets uniform, jacking up shots from beyond the arc with regularity.
After four and a half seasons with the Cavs, the 15-year veteran could be rejuvenated by playing for a title contender once again.
He could very well be a solid contributor to a championship contender. The 33-year-old shooting guard is a terrific catch-and-shoot option for any team that is looking to improve its outside shooting.