- Brad Stevens Heaps Praise on John Beilein, Says He Will Thrive in Cleveland
- Report: Several Cavs Players Say ‘Toughness’ Was Difference Between Them and Celtics
- Report: Jayson Tatum to Miss Celtics-Cavs Matchup on Tuesday Night
- Kevin Love Discusses What It Was Like to Visit With Cavs Owner Dan Gilbert
- Report: Cavs Have Been Receptive to John Beilein’s Extremely Long Practices
- Video: Austin Carr Accidentally Calls New Cavs Play-by-Play Announcer ‘Fred’
- Report: Cavs Visited Team Owner Dan Gilbert at His Detroit Home on Saturday
- Report: Cavs Willing to Put Darius Garland in Starting Lineup Immediately
- Darius Garland Opens Up on Adjustment to NBA: ‘It’s Been Really Fun’
- Channing Frye Refuses to Call Stephen Curry ‘Lock’ for MVP
What the Cavs’ Starting 5 ‘Should’ Look Like This Upcoming Season
- Updated: July 25, 2019
The start of NBA training camp may be about two months away, but it isn’t too early to speculate if any of the Cleveland Cavaliers’ three rookies will be in their starting lineup.
According to Joe Varden of The Athletic, the Cavaliers’ starting 5 will likely be Collin Sexton and Brandon Knight as the guards, Kevin Love and Cedi Osman as the forwards and Tristan Thompson at center.
Although the Cavaliers won a terrible 19 games in 2018-19, they were actually 7-7 when they started this lineup.
During NBA Summer League a few weeks ago, Garland and Porter Jr. did not play, which may complicate the task of predicting the team’s starting 5 come opening night in October.
As a point of reference, last season Sexton came off the bench for his first 10 games.
New Cavaliers head coach John Beilein said that he envisions his lineups being interchangeable.
“It doesn’t make a difference,” said Beilein when asked which guard spot Garland or Sexton will play. “It really doesn’t make a difference. It’s a whole idea of positionless basketball. We will have two forwards, two guards and a big center. That will all depend on who we are playing, who is playing well, who is injured and hopefully we can just morph into whatever shape we need to take for games as time goes on.”