- Darius Garland Organizes Cleanup in Downtown Nashville After Bouts of Vandalism and Destruction
- Video: J.R. Smith Expresses Deep Regret After Beating Up White Kid
- Larry Nance Jr. Shares Powerful Post on Racial Injustices With Photo of Kobe Bryant
- Video: J.R. Smith Seen Viciously Beating Up Kid for Breaking His Car Window
- Report: Cavs Trying to Drill 2 Key Values Into Kevin Porter Jr. to Help Him Realize His ‘Immense Potential’
- Video: J.R. Smith Says He Beat White Kid’s A– After Getting His Car Window Broken
- J.R. Smith and Jordan Clarkson Join Chaotic Protests in Los Angeles
- Report: Cavs Will Not Shy Away From Drafting LaMelo Ball Despite Being Guard-Heavy
- Report: Cavs, Warriors, Wolves, Hawks Not Likely to Be Included in NBA Resumption
- Report: Cavs Could Be in Jeopardy of Being One of NBA Teams Not Selected to Return
What the Cavs’ Starting 5 ‘Should’ Look Like This Upcoming Season
- Updated: July 25, 2019
The start of NBA training camp may be about two months away, but it isn’t too early to speculate if any of the Cleveland Cavaliers’ three rookies will be in their starting lineup.
According to Joe Varden of The Athletic, the Cavaliers’ starting 5 will likely be Collin Sexton and Brandon Knight as the guards, Kevin Love and Cedi Osman as the forwards and Tristan Thompson at center.
Although the Cavaliers won a terrible 19 games in 2018-19, they were actually 7-7 when they started this lineup.
During NBA Summer League a few weeks ago, Garland and Porter Jr. did not play, which may complicate the task of predicting the team’s starting 5 come opening night in October.
As a point of reference, last season Sexton came off the bench for his first 10 games.
New Cavaliers head coach John Beilein said that he envisions his lineups being interchangeable.
“It doesn’t make a difference,” said Beilein when asked which guard spot Garland or Sexton will play. “It really doesn’t make a difference. It’s a whole idea of positionless basketball. We will have two forwards, two guards and a big center. That will all depend on who we are playing, who is playing well, who is injured and hopefully we can just morph into whatever shape we need to take for games as time goes on.”