- Report: Kevin Porter Jr. accused of punching a woman in the face in downtown Cleveland
- Channing Frye rips Milwaukee Bucks and Giannis Antetokounmpo after Jrue Holiday trade
- Report: Cavs playing crucial role in helping Bucks complete Jrue Holiday trade
- Report: Andre Drummond makes final decision regarding player option with Cavs
- Report: ‘90 percent’ chance Andre Drummond opts into player option with Cavs
- Scary details of Kevin Porter Jr.’s arrest reveal loaded handgun, marijuana and overturned vehicle
- Report: Cavs expected to draft Obi Toppin at No. 5 pick if Deni Avdija is ‘off the board’
- Report: Andre Drummond expected to pick up option in order to facilitate trade
- Cavs break silence regarding Kevin Porter Jr.’s troubling arrest
- Report: Celtics offered multiple 1st-round picks for Cavs’ No. 5 overall pick
Kevin Love Reacts to Drama Between Donald Trump and Megan Rapinoe
- Updated: July 7, 2019
The United States women’s national soccer team brought home the World Cup trophy on Sunday with star player Megan Rapinoe winning the Golden Boot for most goals in the tournament.
That fact may anger President Donald Trump, who Rapinoe has been an outspoken critic of throughout the tournament.
Following the World Cup victory, Complex Sports tweeted out Rapinoe’s sentiment regarding the polarizing president, and Cleveland Cavaliers star Kevin Love couldn’t help but express his appreciation of the humorous take.
The drama started when Rapinoe, who has become a national hero during this summer’s Women’s World Cup, said that she did not expect to be invited the White House if her team proved victorious in the World Cup. Even if they did receive a visit, Rapinoe was staunch in her position to not attend.
“I’m not going to the f—ing White House,” she said. “No. I’m not going to the White House. We’re not going to be invited. I doubt it.”
The response ushered in a flurry of responses across the political spectrum, with some heralding it as heroic and others dismissing it as unpatriotic.
Love is no stranger to criticism of the current U.S. president. His former teammate and Cavs star LeBron James clashed with Trump on several different occasions during his final few seasons in Cleveland.
Following the game, Trump did in fact take to Twitter to congratulate the Women’s national team on the historic victory. Though his opponents did note that he waited a full two hours before hopping on his favorite social media platform to announce the congratulations.
Rapinoe, unsurprisingly, has yet to respond to the message.