- Report: Multiple Celtics Players Don’t Make Trip to Cleveland to Face Cavs
- Brad Stevens Heaps Praise on John Beilein, Says He Will Thrive in Cleveland
- Report: Several Cavs Players Say ‘Toughness’ Was Difference Between Them and Celtics
- Report: Jayson Tatum to Miss Celtics-Cavs Matchup on Tuesday Night
- Kevin Love Discusses What It Was Like to Visit With Cavs Owner Dan Gilbert
- Report: Cavs Have Been Receptive to John Beilein’s Extremely Long Practices
- Video: Austin Carr Accidentally Calls New Cavs Play-by-Play Announcer ‘Fred’
- Report: Cavs Visited Team Owner Dan Gilbert at His Detroit Home on Saturday
- Report: Cavs Willing to Put Darius Garland in Starting Lineup Immediately
- Darius Garland Opens Up on Adjustment to NBA: ‘It’s Been Really Fun’
Cavs News: Cleveland Cavaliers Interview 4 Coaches in Denver
- Updated: May 11, 2019
The Cleveland Cavaliers took steps on Saturday to intensify their search for a new head coach by having key members of the team’s front office fly to Denver to interview four candidates, three of whom are currently serving as assistants for either the Denver Nuggets or Portland Trail Blazers.
Those two teams will play Game 7 of their second-round playoff series on Sunday.
Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN reported that Cavs general manager Koby Altman and other front office personnel spent Saturday interviewing Nuggets assistants Jordi Fernandez and Wes Unseld Jr., along with Trail Blazers assistant David Vanterpool.
In addition, they also interviewed Steve Hetzel, an assistant with the Orlando Magic, and received permission to interview another Trail Blazers assistant, Nate Tibbetts. In the latter case, scheduling conflicts prevented a Tibbetts interview.
Since the Cavaliers and former head coach Larry Drew agreed to part ways last month, the team has conducted a number of different interviews with assistant coaches around the league. No specific time frame was given as to when any final decision will be made, though the Cavaliers would no doubt want to make sure they choose the right candidate after having gone through five different coaches in the past seven seasons.