- Steve Kerr Heavily Praises Cavs Upon Unprecedented Hiring of Lindsay Gottlieb
- Cavs Rumors: Cleveland Cavaliers Considering Dealing No. 5 Pick to Atlanta Hawks
- Report: Cavs Make Groundbreaking Hire With Latest Addition to Staff
- Report: Cavs Still Exploring Ways to Trade for No. 3 Pick to Draft R.J. Barrett
- Video: Kevin Love Discusses If He’s Open to Leaving Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: Cavs Held Private Workout, Had Dinner With Jarrett Culver on Monday
- How Cavs Could Land No. 3 Pick By Facilitating Anthony Davis Trade to Knicks
- Channing Frye Gives Hilarious Take on Kawhi Leonard
- Kevin Love Gives Bold Prediction on Rest of NBA Finals
- Cavs Fans Quickly Shut Down SportsCenter’s ‘Fact’ About Toronto Raptors
Zion Williamson Officially Declares for 2019 NBA Draft With Epic Video
- Updated: April 15, 2019
Zion Williamson has officially declared for this year’s NBA draft.
The Duke University star released a video on his official Instagram page with his draft declaration.
In the video, Williamson thanks Duke and all the people who have been instrumental in shaping his collegiate basketball career.
Widely considered one of the best draft prospects since LeBron James in 2003, Williamson led the Blue Devils to a 32-6 record this season, good for third in the ACC Division. The team was expected by many to win this year’s N.C.A.A. Division I men’s basketball tournament, but fell to Michigan State on March 31 by a score of 68-67.
Williamson finished the season off with averages of 22.6 points, 8.9 rebounds, and 2.1 assists per game while shooting a blistering 68 percent from the field.
What does this mean for the Cleveland Cavaliers? The Cavs tied with the Phoenix Suns for the second-worst record in the NBA this season at 19-63. Due to a new rule change, the teams with the three worst records in the league — the Cavs, Suns, and New York Knicks — all have a 14.0 percent chance of winning the lottery.
Cavs fans should certainly hope that the team strikes gold and lands the first overall pick in the draft. If the Cavs manage to do so, Williamson may very well don the Wine and Gold next season.