- Mario Hezonja Not Impressed With Kevin Love’s Strength, Challenges Him for More
- Khris Middleton Looking Forward to Battling Matthew Dellavedova During USA-Australia Match
- Kevin Porter Jr. and Bol Bol Voted as Biggest Steals in 2019 NBA Draft
- Video: Cavs Rookie Kevin Porter Jr. Drops 40-Point Triple-Double in Crawsover Pro-Am League Game
- Former Cavs Head Coach Announces He Suffers From Multiple Sclerosis
- Report: Cavs’ ‘Deep-Thinkers’ Worried About Defensive Limitations Around Sexton-Garland Backcourt
- Cavs Insider Says Team Getting More Than 25 Wins This Season Would Be ‘Pleasant Surprise’
- Report: Cavs Plan to Have 6 Guards on Roster by Start of Season
- J.R. Smith Gets Incredible Tattoo of His Daughter
- Kevin Love to Appear on Upcoming Episode of LeBron James’ ‘The Shop’
J.R. Smith Says He’s Only Had 3 Glasses of Hennessy in His Life
- Updated: March 11, 2019
J.R. Smith’s off-court persona is legendary in the NBA.
Smith was given the nickname “Henny God” even though he doesn’t really drink Hennessy. On “Knuckleheads” with Quentin Richardson and Darius Miles, Smith confessed that he hasn’t earned the nickname.
Smith doesn’t mind the nickname, but he wasn’t quite sure how he got it.
“For me, it happened within a year,” Smith said. “I went from Sixth Man of the Year to Henny God of the Year in a year. Not even. In a couple months.”
People forget that Smith has had some incredible moments on the court. His Sixth Man of the Year campaign with the New York Knicks captivated the city.
But for most NBA fans, they don’t think about Smith’s accolades or his NBA championship with the Cleveland Cavaliers in 2016. Instead, they think about the “Henny God.”
“Bro, no lie, this is the third glass of Henny I’ve ever had,” Smith admitted. “Word, shoutout to Hennessy. I’ll take the name. I appreciate it. … I’m the ‘Henny God’ and this is like my third glass.”
This should come as a surprise to many fans, but it shows how Smith’s larger-than-life reputation may not be quite what it seems.