- Isaiah Thomas Says Celtics Would Have Won Title If He Had Never Been Traded to Cavs
- Collin Sexton Credits Cavs Teammates After Reaching 6th Straight 23-Point Game
- Channing Frye Explains Why Detroit Pistons Are Going to Be Dangerous in Playoffs
- Dan Gilbert, Larry Drew, and Channing Frye Offer Huge Praise for Collin Sexton
- Report: Kevin Love Questionable vs. Detroit Pistons With New Injury
- Cedi Osman Sends Message to Team USA Amid FIBA World Cup Match
- Kyrie Irving Says LeBron James Was ‘Thirsty for Rebounds’ With Cavs
- Collin Sexton Breaks Cavs Rookie Record Set by LeBron James
- J.R. Smith Says He’s Beaten Kyrie Irving, Carmelo Anthony, Other All-Stars 1-on-1
- Kevin Love Speaks Out on Facing Dirk Nowitzki One Last Time
Cavs Insider Reveals Most Likely Cavs Player to Be Dealt Before Trade Deadline
- Updated: January 11, 2019
It’s that time of year again. With less than a month until the Feb. 7 trade deadline, teams are looking for every opportunity to fill gaps in their rotations or clear cap space for the summer.
According to Chris Fedor of Cleveland.com, the most likely player to be traded before the deadline is Burks.
“With him, it’s not a matter of if but when,” wrote Fedor. “The Cavs got calls about him immediately after the Kyle Korver swap.”
This makes sense when you look at the shooting guard’s numbers. He’s a solid role player, one that can provide a spark on a team’s second unit. Over his seven-plus seasons in Utah, he averaged 9.6 points while shooting 42.5 percent from the field, 35.5 percent from three, and 76.8 percent from the line.
Burks increased his output after coming over to Cleveland in late November and has averaged 11.9 points, 4.9 rebounds, and 2.7 assists thus far. He has even upped his three-point shooting to nearly 40 percent.
While his career averages won’t blow anyone away, there are plenty of teams that could use a guard like Burks to help space the floor and keep defenses honest around the perimeter.
If Fedor’s sources are any indication, the 27-year-old Burks won’t be in a Wine and Gold uniform for much longer.