- J.R. Smith annihilates Olivia Harlan Dekker, insinuates husband uses N-bombs
- Sam Dekker’s wife agrees that J.R. Smith amongst ‘dumbest people on planet’
- Sam Dekker issues strong response to J.R. Smith’s accusation that he supports Donald Trump
- Report: Cavs to hold pre-draft workouts for Obi Toppin, other top prospects this week
- J.R. Smith says former Cavs swingman was only teammate he couldn’t ‘stand’ in entire NBA career
- Report: J.B. Bickerstaff reveals ‘positive’ conversations with Andre Drummond about future with Cavs
- Skip Bayless makes strong argument why he would take 2016 Cavs over 2020 Lakers
- LeBron James gets ‘chills’ rewatching Cavs’ historic NBA Finals win over Warriors
- Andre Drummond hints at working towards major evolution in his game
- Video: Cavs big man seen getting schooled by WNBA star in 1-on-1 matchup
Video: LeBron James Mimics Collin Sexton’s Defense With His Daughter
- Updated: July 19, 2018
Despite LeBron James having left for the Los Angeles Lakers in free agency, the 15-year veteran is still keeping tabs on his former team, the Cleveland Cavaliers. Having noticed that the Cavaliers’ top draft pick, Collin Sexton, exhibited solid defensive skills during his time in Las Vegas Summer League, James jokingly equated that effort with some playful interaction with his three-year-old daughter, Zhuri.
The impromptu performance of James’ take on Sexton’s defense and his daughter’s uninhibited response came during a break in summer basketball action involving James’ oldest son, LeBron James Jr. While there’s no indication yet that Zhuri will be a standout on the hardwood like her father, the younger LeBron has already caught the attention of basketball scouts and could be following in the footsteps of his legendary father.
It’s very likely that Zhuri isn’t terribly concerned with such matters at the moment. She was born just before James resumed his career with Cleveland in October 2014 and appears to be more interested in gymnastics. Just four months ago, when he was still a member of the Cavs, James escorted his daughter to her first class in that sport:
Sexton is looking to build on his summer league performance when he enters his first NBA training camp in late September. How much more progress he can achieve in his rookie campaign could determine if the Cavaliers hold on to veteran point guard George Hill.