- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
- Kevin Porter Jr. highlights relationship with Carmelo Anthony as he remains away from Cavs
- Report: Steve Nash continues to have no update on Kyrie Irving’s mysterious absence from Nets
Lance Stephenson’s Surprising Postgame Comments After Game 7
- Updated: April 29, 2018
After the Cleveland Cavaliers Game 7 victory, Stephenson proved that he is more than just a pesky defensive adversary and showed a different side of himself.
He did so by congratulating the Cavs on a fantastic series.
— Tom Withers (@twithersAP) April 29, 2018
For a player who sometimes seems to use his lack of respect as a tool on the court, it is good to see that in the end he is a good sport in defeat. It is interesting to note though, that he did not congratulate James on his truly dominant performance in the series and instead chose to focus on the team’s accomplishment.
Regardless of how James and Stephenson feel about one another, it is clear that both players are consummate competitors. While their on-court relationship is undoubtedly adversarial in nature, there is likely a certain amount of respect that goes along with that as well.
Now, with the series over, their rivalry will continue as it has every time in the past: with James advancing deeper into the playoffs and Stephenson watching the rest of the tournament from his couch.