- Report: LaMelo Ball has no plans to meet with Cavs ahead of 2020 NBA Draft
- J.R. Smith annihilates Olivia Harlan Dekker, insinuates husband uses N-bombs
- Sam Dekker’s wife agrees that J.R. Smith amongst ‘dumbest people on planet’
- Sam Dekker issues strong response to J.R. Smith’s accusation that he supports Donald Trump
- Report: Cavs to hold pre-draft workouts for Obi Toppin, other top prospects this week
- J.R. Smith says former Cavs swingman was only teammate he couldn’t ‘stand’ in entire NBA career
- Report: J.B. Bickerstaff reveals ‘positive’ conversations with Andre Drummond about future with Cavs
- Skip Bayless makes strong argument why he would take 2016 Cavs over 2020 Lakers
- LeBron James gets ‘chills’ rewatching Cavs’ historic NBA Finals win over Warriors
- Andre Drummond hints at working towards major evolution in his game
Lance Stephenson’s Surprising Postgame Comments After Game 7
- Updated: April 29, 2018
After the Cleveland Cavaliers Game 7 victory, Stephenson proved that he is more than just a pesky defensive adversary and showed a different side of himself.
He did so by congratulating the Cavs on a fantastic series.
— Tom Withers (@twithersAP) April 29, 2018
For a player who sometimes seems to use his lack of respect as a tool on the court, it is good to see that in the end he is a good sport in defeat. It is interesting to note though, that he did not congratulate James on his truly dominant performance in the series and instead chose to focus on the team’s accomplishment.
Regardless of how James and Stephenson feel about one another, it is clear that both players are consummate competitors. While their on-court relationship is undoubtedly adversarial in nature, there is likely a certain amount of respect that goes along with that as well.
Now, with the series over, their rivalry will continue as it has every time in the past: with James advancing deeper into the playoffs and Stephenson watching the rest of the tournament from his couch.