- Kevin Love Points Out Difference Between Passing to Collin Sexton and LeBron James
- Cavs Teammates Praise Collin Sexton for Accomplishing This First ‘Real’ NBA Feat
- Kevin Love Explains Why He’s Still Waiting for First ‘Big Win’ of Season
- Klay Thompson Says He Knew Warriors Were Going to Sweep ‘Defeated’ Cavs
- Nik Stauskas ‘Super Excited’ Koby Altman Brought Him Back to Cavs Organization
- Ranking the 5 Worst Cleveland Cavaliers Teams of All Time
- Report: Cavs Sign Guard Nik Stauskas to Deal for Rest of Season
- Channing Frye Notes Hilarious Pet Peeve Richard Jefferson Used to Have About Him
- Report: Cavs Have Added Monster Amount of Money to Payroll Since LeBron’s Departure
- Kevin Love Shares Inspirational Message Following First Game Back From Injury
Lance Stephenson’s Surprising Postgame Comments After Game 7
- Updated: April 29, 2018
After the Cleveland Cavaliers Game 7 victory, Stephenson proved that he is more than just a pesky defensive adversary and showed a different side of himself.
He did so by congratulating the Cavs on a fantastic series.
— Tom Withers (@twithersAP) April 29, 2018
For a player who sometimes seems to use his lack of respect as a tool on the court, it is good to see that in the end he is a good sport in defeat. It is interesting to note though, that he did not congratulate James on his truly dominant performance in the series and instead chose to focus on the team’s accomplishment.
Regardless of how James and Stephenson feel about one another, it is clear that both players are consummate competitors. While their on-court relationship is undoubtedly adversarial in nature, there is likely a certain amount of respect that goes along with that as well.
Now, with the series over, their rivalry will continue as it has every time in the past: with James advancing deeper into the playoffs and Stephenson watching the rest of the tournament from his couch.