- Cavs Rumors: Cleveland Cavaliers to Consider 2 Wild Cards With 5th Pick in Upcoming Draft
- Report: Darius Garland Did Not Meet With Cavs at NBA Draft Combine
- Channing Frye Explains Why He’s Excited About Cavs Landing 5th Pick in NBA Draft
- The Ringer’s Justin Verrier Says Cavs Getting 5th Pick Is ‘Comeuppance’ for Tanking Season
- Report: Cavs New Head Coach Personally Called All His Players by Phone on Tuesday
- David Griffin Reveals Why He Wanted Koby Altman and Cavs to Get 1st Pick in Draft
- Report: Zion Williamson Didn’t Want Cavs to Land 1st Overall Draft Pick
- Koby Altman Reacts to Cavs Getting No. 5 Pick in 2019 NBA Draft
- ESPN NBA Draft Lottery Footage Shows Cavs Landing 4th Overall Pick
- Report: There Are Those in Cavs Front Office Who Believe R.J. Barrett Is Better Than Ja Morant
Video: Kevin Garnett Gets Heated During LeBron-Jordan Debate
- Updated: March 28, 2018
Despite the fact that the NBA career of Cleveland Cavaliers forward LeBron James is nowhere near over, debates about whether he or former Chicago Bulls legend Michael Jordan is the greatest player of all time have flourished. In the latest instance of just how passionate such a discussion can be, retired forward Kevin Garnett unleashed a verbal tirade on Tuesday night when it was suggested that James was criticized much more than Jordan and had surpassed Jordan as the G.O.A.T.
“ARE Y’ALL SERIOUS?!?!”
— KG's Area 21 (@KGArea21) March 28, 2018
During his commentary, Garnett also suggested that Jordan had played a key role in saving the NBA, which was reeling from a series of issues in the early ’80s.
During Garnett’s 21-year NBA career, he battled James much more often than Jordan. However, the future Hall of Famer’s formative years were spent watching Jordan perform at his peak.
Regardless of the level of Garnett’s passion, a true comparison of the two players isn’t really possible until James completes his career. James is currently in his 15th season and shows no indication that his playing days will end any time soon.