- Kevin Porter Jr. shares scary, suicidal Instagram post as fans beg him to seek help
- Report: Cavs hoping to attend workout of top NBA draft prospect Devin Vassell
- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
- Dylan Windler proceeds with huge life decision on Cavs home court
- Tristan Thompson shares threatening text LeBron James sent after Cavs lost Game 4 of 2016 finals
Report: Cavs Identify Fan Who Yelled Racial Slurs at Patty Mills, Impose Severe Punishment
- Updated: February 27, 2018
Taking immediate steps to address an ugly incident that occurred in the final minutes of the Cleveland Cavaliers‘ loss to the San Antonio Spurs, the Cavaliers on Tuesday announced that they have banned an unnamed individual who directed a racial slur at Spurs guard Patty Mills. A native of Australia, Mills is black and of aboriginal descent.
The Cavs have identified the person who heckled Patty Mills, according to a Cavs spokesman. He has been banned from Quicken Loans Arena indefinitely, with a review to come after a period of one year.
— Dave McMenamin (@mcten) February 27, 2018
The situation came to light on social media shortly after the incident took place, with Mills later thanking the person who noted the slur. On Monday, the Cavaliers’ security team indicated that they would investigate.
There’s no indication if the banned individual was a season ticket holder or if a guest was using the ticket. Regardless, the decree leaves open the possibility that the ban could be permanent.