- Andre Drummond opens up about uncertain future with Cavs following Jarrett Allen trade
- Report: Cavs have begun exploring trade options for JaVale McGee
- Report: Cavs offer major update on when Darius Garland and Collin Sexton could return
- Andre Drummond offers powerful message of support after Kevin Porter Jr. rejoins Cavs
- Former Cavs big man emphatically predicts team will trade Andre Drummond
- Report: Cavs-Wizards matchups on Sunday and Monday postponed due to COVID-19
- Report: Cavs received calls for Andre Drummond and JaVale McGee in aftermath of Jarrett Allen trade
- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
Report: Cavs Identify Fan Who Yelled Racial Slurs at Patty Mills, Impose Severe Punishment
- Updated: February 27, 2018
Taking immediate steps to address an ugly incident that occurred in the final minutes of the Cleveland Cavaliers‘ loss to the San Antonio Spurs, the Cavaliers on Tuesday announced that they have banned an unnamed individual who directed a racial slur at Spurs guard Patty Mills. A native of Australia, Mills is black and of aboriginal descent.
The Cavs have identified the person who heckled Patty Mills, according to a Cavs spokesman. He has been banned from Quicken Loans Arena indefinitely, with a review to come after a period of one year.
— Dave McMenamin (@mcten) February 27, 2018
The situation came to light on social media shortly after the incident took place, with Mills later thanking the person who noted the slur. On Monday, the Cavaliers’ security team indicated that they would investigate.
There’s no indication if the banned individual was a season ticket holder or if a guest was using the ticket. Regardless, the decree leaves open the possibility that the ban could be permanent.