- J.R. Smith annihilates Olivia Harlan Dekker, insinuates husband uses N-bombs
- Sam Dekker’s wife agrees that J.R. Smith amongst ‘dumbest people on planet’
- Sam Dekker issues strong response to J.R. Smith’s accusation that he supports Donald Trump
- Report: Cavs to hold pre-draft workouts for Obi Toppin, other top prospects this week
- J.R. Smith says former Cavs swingman was only teammate he couldn’t ‘stand’ in entire NBA career
- Report: J.B. Bickerstaff reveals ‘positive’ conversations with Andre Drummond about future with Cavs
- Skip Bayless makes strong argument why he would take 2016 Cavs over 2020 Lakers
- LeBron James gets ‘chills’ rewatching Cavs’ historic NBA Finals win over Warriors
- Andre Drummond hints at working towards major evolution in his game
- Video: Cavs big man seen getting schooled by WNBA star in 1-on-1 matchup
Video: Isaiah Thomas Posts About Trade to Cleveland Cavaliers
- Updated: September 5, 2017
Newest Cleveland Cavaliers point guard Isaiah Thomas posted to his Instagram on Tuesday with what seemed to be a reactionary statement to the recent trade that essentially swapped him with former Cavs point guard Kyrie Irving.
After giving his heart and soul to the city of Boston, Thomas was controversially shipped in a package that included Jae Crowder, Ante Zizic, Brooklyn’s 2018 first-round draft pick, and a 2020 second-round draft pick. The point guard was named to last year’s All-NBA Second Team and averaged 28.9 points per game but was still traded, likely because the Celtics didn’t have faith in his debilitating hip.
With the sudden trade and the critics now seemingly denying Thomas’ ability to get back to where he was last season, the point guard seems hungrier than ever.
"They say every man is defined by his reaction to any given situation. Well who would you want to define you? Someone else or yourself? Whatever you do, give your heart to it and stay strong"… THE MARATHON CONTINUES!!! #BookOfIsaiah2ComingSoon #ThatSLOWgrind #KeepDoubting #KillaSeason ?: @TeeJayRegan
If healthy, Thomas — along with Crowder, Derrick Rose, Jeff Green, and perhaps international standout Cedi Osman — and the Cavs do have a realistic shot at dethroning the Golden State Warriors in 2017-18. With the latest rumors also linking veteran guard Dwyane Wade to the Cavs on a pending buyout, it’s hard not to be optimistic about this upcoming season.