- Report: Cavs send Kevin Porter Jr. to Rockets for 2nd-round draft pick
- Report: Jarrett Allen was talking trash to Nets about Collin Sexton before his shots even went in
- Cavs head coach issues striking comparison between Collin Sexton and Michael Jordan
- Kyrie Irving and Kevin Durant give major props to Collin Sexton after he drops 42 points on Nets
- Video: Collin Sexton drills cold-blooded 3 in Kyrie Irving’s face to send game into double overtime
- Cavs unveil tribute video as Nets superstar Kyrie Irving returns to Cleveland
- Report: Kyrie Irving to officially start and play in Nets matchup vs. Cavs
- Report: Dylan Windler to return to Cavs lineup Friday vs. Nets
- Report: It’s ‘doubtful’ Cavs will be able to trade Kevin Porter Jr.
- Report: Cavs expected to offer Jarrett Allen massive multiyear contract
Video: Kyrie Irving Surprises Dad With Incredible Home Renovation for Father’s Day
- Updated: June 15, 2017
Even though the Cleveland Cavaliers won’t be playing on Father’s Day this year, the team’s starting point guard Kyrie Irving found a way to make it memorable before the big day for his father, Drederick. He and his sister Asia, quietly paid for a full renovation of what had once been the family’s home in West Orange, New Jersey.
Irving appeared on an episode of the online series “My Houzz” and explained the reasoning behind the idea:
“I will always be from New Jersey,” Irving said. “That’s where my father’s house is, that’s where I grew up. It’s where I get my attitude from, it’s where I get some of my personality from.
“He sacrificed a lot. He really was super dad. I want to do this renovation for my dad because he worked his tail off to get that house and provide for myself and my sister.”
The 22-minute video details the two-month renovation process that spanned working with a designer and the reaction of Drederick Irving. While Kyrie Irving was in the middle of the 2016-17 season, he was able to keep abreast of the work through frequent video chats with his sister and the designer. Despite that drawback, the end result had its intended impact.