- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
- Dylan Windler proceeds with huge life decision on Cavs home court
- Tristan Thompson shares threatening text LeBron James sent after Cavs lost Game 4 of 2016 finals
- Mark Cuban shares incredible picture of Delonte West to prove he’s on path to recovery
- Report: Boston Celtics could offer major trade package for ‘obvious target’ Larry Nance Jr.
Video: Kyrie Irving Surprises Dad With Incredible Home Renovation for Father’s Day
- Updated: June 15, 2017
Even though the Cleveland Cavaliers won’t be playing on Father’s Day this year, the team’s starting point guard Kyrie Irving found a way to make it memorable before the big day for his father, Drederick. He and his sister Asia, quietly paid for a full renovation of what had once been the family’s home in West Orange, New Jersey.
Irving appeared on an episode of the online series “My Houzz” and explained the reasoning behind the idea:
“I will always be from New Jersey,” Irving said. “That’s where my father’s house is, that’s where I grew up. It’s where I get my attitude from, it’s where I get some of my personality from.
“He sacrificed a lot. He really was super dad. I want to do this renovation for my dad because he worked his tail off to get that house and provide for myself and my sister.”
The 22-minute video details the two-month renovation process that spanned working with a designer and the reaction of Drederick Irving. While Kyrie Irving was in the middle of the 2016-17 season, he was able to keep abreast of the work through frequent video chats with his sister and the designer. Despite that drawback, the end result had its intended impact.