- Larry Nance Jr. Roasts Cavs Rookie Dylan Windler on Social Media
- 2-Time All-Star Raves About Cavs Rookie Kevin Porter Jr.
- Video: Kevin Love Celebrates With C.J. McCollum Over Contract Extension With Portland Trail Blazers
- Patrick Beverley Congratulates Sindarius Thornwell After Signing With Cavs
- Report: Cleveland Cavaliers Sign Sindarius Thornwell to One-Year Deal
- Richard Jefferson Says 2016 Cavs Were ‘Dysfunctional’
- Report: 3 Players That Could Fill Remaining Roster Spot for Cavs
- Former Cavs Player Rips Dan Gilbert and David Griffin Following Griffin’s Recent Comments
- David Griffin Says LeBron James Isn’t ‘Same Animal Anymore About Winning’
- David Griffin privately wept in an Oakland broom closet while the Cavs were celebrating in 2016
Video: Kyrie Irving Surprises Dad With Incredible Home Renovation for Father’s Day
- Updated: June 15, 2017
Even though the Cleveland Cavaliers won’t be playing on Father’s Day this year, the team’s starting point guard Kyrie Irving found a way to make it memorable before the big day for his father, Drederick. He and his sister Asia, quietly paid for a full renovation of what had once been the family’s home in West Orange, New Jersey.
Irving appeared on an episode of the online series “My Houzz” and explained the reasoning behind the idea:
“I will always be from New Jersey,” Irving said. “That’s where my father’s house is, that’s where I grew up. It’s where I get my attitude from, it’s where I get some of my personality from.
“He sacrificed a lot. He really was super dad. I want to do this renovation for my dad because he worked his tail off to get that house and provide for myself and my sister.”
The 22-minute video details the two-month renovation process that spanned working with a designer and the reaction of Drederick Irving. While Kyrie Irving was in the middle of the 2016-17 season, he was able to keep abreast of the work through frequent video chats with his sister and the designer. Despite that drawback, the end result had its intended impact.