- Report: Multiple Celtics Players Don’t Make Trip to Cleveland to Face Cavs
- Brad Stevens Heaps Praise on John Beilein, Says He Will Thrive in Cleveland
- Report: Several Cavs Players Say ‘Toughness’ Was Difference Between Them and Celtics
- Report: Jayson Tatum to Miss Celtics-Cavs Matchup on Tuesday Night
- Kevin Love Discusses What It Was Like to Visit With Cavs Owner Dan Gilbert
- Report: Cavs Have Been Receptive to John Beilein’s Extremely Long Practices
- Video: Austin Carr Accidentally Calls New Cavs Play-by-Play Announcer ‘Fred’
- Report: Cavs Visited Team Owner Dan Gilbert at His Detroit Home on Saturday
- Report: Cavs Willing to Put Darius Garland in Starting Lineup Immediately
- Darius Garland Opens Up on Adjustment to NBA: ‘It’s Been Really Fun’
Paul Pierce Says Kevin Durant Is the Best Player in the World Right Now
- Updated: June 5, 2017
After the Golden State Warriors once again handily defeated the Cleveland Cavaliers in a 132-113 thrashing at Oracle Arena on Friday night, it’s clear who the player of the game was.
Superstar Kevin Durant finished the evening with 33 points, 13 rebounds, six assists, three steals, and five blocks and hit on an array of extremely difficult shots. The Warriors now lead the NBA Finals by a 2-0 margin, and just two games into the NBA Finals, longtime rival of LeBron James, Paul Pierce, has made a bold proclamation.
After Game 2 on ABC, in a typical knee-jerk reaction, Pierce dropped this bomb:
Paul Pierce: "I think Kevin Durant is the best player in the world today."
— Cavaliers Nation (@WeAreCavsNation) June 5, 2017
It seems at the pinnacle of James’ illustrious 14-year career, one player or another is trying to bring him down.
Perhaps it was because the last time James faced off against Pierce in Game 6 at TD Garden in the Eastern Conference finals, the four-time MVP dropped 45 points and 15 rebounds in an overwhelming dominant victory; one in which caused the dismantling of the Celtics’ Big 3 just a year later.