- Kevin Porter Jr. shares scary, suicidal Instagram post as fans beg him to seek help
- Report: Cavs hoping to attend workout of top NBA draft prospect Devin Vassell
- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
- Dylan Windler proceeds with huge life decision on Cavs home court
- Tristan Thompson shares threatening text LeBron James sent after Cavs lost Game 4 of 2016 finals
Paul Pierce Says Kevin Durant Is the Best Player in the World Right Now
- Updated: June 5, 2017
After the Golden State Warriors once again handily defeated the Cleveland Cavaliers in a 132-113 thrashing at Oracle Arena on Friday night, it’s clear who the player of the game was.
Superstar Kevin Durant finished the evening with 33 points, 13 rebounds, six assists, three steals, and five blocks and hit on an array of extremely difficult shots. The Warriors now lead the NBA Finals by a 2-0 margin, and just two games into the NBA Finals, longtime rival of LeBron James, Paul Pierce, has made a bold proclamation.
After Game 2 on ABC, in a typical knee-jerk reaction, Pierce dropped this bomb:
Paul Pierce: "I think Kevin Durant is the best player in the world today."
— Cavaliers Nation (@WeAreCavsNation) June 5, 2017
It seems at the pinnacle of James’ illustrious 14-year career, one player or another is trying to bring him down.
Perhaps it was because the last time James faced off against Pierce in Game 6 at TD Garden in the Eastern Conference finals, the four-time MVP dropped 45 points and 15 rebounds in an overwhelming dominant victory; one in which caused the dismantling of the Celtics’ Big 3 just a year later.