- Ja Morant insinuates missed dunk over Kevin Love would have been best of all time
- Disturbing photos emerge of Delonte West begging for money in Dallas
- Photos leaked of ‘hulked up’ Collin Sexton from Cavs minicamp
- Kevin Garnett schools LeBron James fans ‘who don’t know s–t’ about Cavs’ 2010 playoff collapse
- Report: Cavs source identifies several improvements in Darius Garland’s game
- Report: Cavs internally comparing Collin Sexton to Donovan Mitchell and Eric Bledsoe
- Report: Cavs will look for ‘defensive-minded players’ in NBA free agency
- Report: Cavs confidently view J.B. Bickerstaff as ‘head coach of the future’
- Cavs Rumors: Collin Sexton Looking ‘Monstrous’ and ‘Huge’ After Working on Body During Hiatus
- Here’s the Latest Update on ‘Mutual Interest’ Between Tristan Thompson and the Cavs
Cavs Rumors: Cleveland Cavaliers Listening to Trade Offers for Iman Shumpert
- Updated: October 21, 2016
That’s because of a recent report from Zach Lowe of ESPN.com, who quotes that the Minnesota Timberwolves and several other teams have inquired about Shumpert’s availability, while the Cavs have been willing to listen.
The Cavs would be able to recoup some of the luxury tax bill they’re facing after the signing of J.R. Smith. Shumpert is scheduled to make $9.66 million this season.
One report indicates that the two teams have spoken about Timberwolves reserve point guard Tyus Jones being part of any deal, while other rumors have starting point guard Ricky Rubio in the mix. Jones was a 2015 Cleveland draftee before being sent to Minnesota.
Shumpert’s injury history has been a problem during his time with the Cavaliers and he’s still facing possible league discipline for an offseason DUI arrest that involved marijuana. Still, his prowess on the defensive side of the ball could be vital in the Cavs’ quest to repeat as NBA champions.