- Tristan Thompson Supports LeBron James at His Brand New Clothing Launch
- Former Cavs Teammate Defends LeBron, Still Has ‘Full Trust’ He Will Lead Lakers to Championship
- Report: John Beilein Will Look to Improve Collin Sexton’s Efficiency
- Larry Nance Jr. Says Collin Sexton Should Have Made All-Rookie First Team
- Dan Gilbert Believes Kyrie Irving Will Leave Boston Celtics
- Dan Gilbert Speaks on LeBron James: ‘It All Revolves Around the Sun, Which Is Him’
- John Beilein Says Collin Sexton Is Big Reason Why He Joined Cavs
- Richard Jefferson’s 3 Hilarious Tweets Sum Up Warriors-Blazers Series Perfectly
- Cavs News: Collin Sexton Named to All-Rookie Second Team
- 4 Players Cavs Should Look at With No. 5 Pick in 2019 NBA Draft
Cavs Rumors: Cleveland Cavaliers Listening to Trade Offers for Iman Shumpert
- Updated: October 21, 2016
That’s because of a recent report from Zach Lowe of ESPN.com, who quotes that the Minnesota Timberwolves and several other teams have inquired about Shumpert’s availability, while the Cavs have been willing to listen.
The Cavs would be able to recoup some of the luxury tax bill they’re facing after the signing of J.R. Smith. Shumpert is scheduled to make $9.66 million this season.
One report indicates that the two teams have spoken about Timberwolves reserve point guard Tyus Jones being part of any deal, while other rumors have starting point guard Ricky Rubio in the mix. Jones was a 2015 Cleveland draftee before being sent to Minnesota.
Shumpert’s injury history has been a problem during his time with the Cavaliers and he’s still facing possible league discipline for an offseason DUI arrest that involved marijuana. Still, his prowess on the defensive side of the ball could be vital in the Cavs’ quest to repeat as NBA champions.