- Report: Cavs send Kevin Porter Jr. to Rockets for 2nd-round draft pick
- Report: Jarrett Allen was talking trash to Nets about Collin Sexton before his shots even went in
- Cavs head coach issues striking comparison between Collin Sexton and Michael Jordan
- Kyrie Irving and Kevin Durant give major props to Collin Sexton after he drops 42 points on Nets
- Video: Collin Sexton drills cold-blooded 3 in Kyrie Irving’s face to send game into double overtime
- Cavs unveil tribute video as Nets superstar Kyrie Irving returns to Cleveland
- Report: Kyrie Irving to officially start and play in Nets matchup vs. Cavs
- Report: Dylan Windler to return to Cavs lineup Friday vs. Nets
- Report: It’s ‘doubtful’ Cavs will be able to trade Kevin Porter Jr.
- Report: Cavs expected to offer Jarrett Allen massive multiyear contract
Cavs Rumors: Cleveland Cavaliers Listening to Trade Offers for Iman Shumpert
- Updated: October 21, 2016
That’s because of a recent report from Zach Lowe of ESPN.com, who quotes that the Minnesota Timberwolves and several other teams have inquired about Shumpert’s availability, while the Cavs have been willing to listen.
The Cavs would be able to recoup some of the luxury tax bill they’re facing after the signing of J.R. Smith. Shumpert is scheduled to make $9.66 million this season.
One report indicates that the two teams have spoken about Timberwolves reserve point guard Tyus Jones being part of any deal, while other rumors have starting point guard Ricky Rubio in the mix. Jones was a 2015 Cleveland draftee before being sent to Minnesota.
Shumpert’s injury history has been a problem during his time with the Cavaliers and he’s still facing possible league discipline for an offseason DUI arrest that involved marijuana. Still, his prowess on the defensive side of the ball could be vital in the Cavs’ quest to repeat as NBA champions.