- Report: Multiple Celtics Players Don’t Make Trip to Cleveland to Face Cavs
- Brad Stevens Heaps Praise on John Beilein, Says He Will Thrive in Cleveland
- Report: Several Cavs Players Say ‘Toughness’ Was Difference Between Them and Celtics
- Report: Jayson Tatum to Miss Celtics-Cavs Matchup on Tuesday Night
- Kevin Love Discusses What It Was Like to Visit With Cavs Owner Dan Gilbert
- Report: Cavs Have Been Receptive to John Beilein’s Extremely Long Practices
- Video: Austin Carr Accidentally Calls New Cavs Play-by-Play Announcer ‘Fred’
- Report: Cavs Visited Team Owner Dan Gilbert at His Detroit Home on Saturday
- Report: Cavs Willing to Put Darius Garland in Starting Lineup Immediately
- Darius Garland Opens Up on Adjustment to NBA: ‘It’s Been Really Fun’
Cavs Rumors: Cleveland Cavaliers Listening to Trade Offers for Iman Shumpert
- Updated: October 21, 2016
That’s because of a recent report from Zach Lowe of ESPN.com, who quotes that the Minnesota Timberwolves and several other teams have inquired about Shumpert’s availability, while the Cavs have been willing to listen.
The Cavs would be able to recoup some of the luxury tax bill they’re facing after the signing of J.R. Smith. Shumpert is scheduled to make $9.66 million this season.
One report indicates that the two teams have spoken about Timberwolves reserve point guard Tyus Jones being part of any deal, while other rumors have starting point guard Ricky Rubio in the mix. Jones was a 2015 Cleveland draftee before being sent to Minnesota.
Shumpert’s injury history has been a problem during his time with the Cavaliers and he’s still facing possible league discipline for an offseason DUI arrest that involved marijuana. Still, his prowess on the defensive side of the ball could be vital in the Cavs’ quest to repeat as NBA champions.