- Report: Cavs send Kevin Porter Jr. to Rockets for 2nd-round draft pick
- Report: Jarrett Allen was talking trash to Nets about Collin Sexton before his shots even went in
- Cavs head coach issues striking comparison between Collin Sexton and Michael Jordan
- Kyrie Irving and Kevin Durant give major props to Collin Sexton after he drops 42 points on Nets
- Video: Collin Sexton drills cold-blooded 3 in Kyrie Irving’s face to send game into double overtime
- Cavs unveil tribute video as Nets superstar Kyrie Irving returns to Cleveland
- Report: Kyrie Irving to officially start and play in Nets matchup vs. Cavs
- Report: Dylan Windler to return to Cavs lineup Friday vs. Nets
- Report: It’s ‘doubtful’ Cavs will be able to trade Kevin Porter Jr.
- Report: Cavs expected to offer Jarrett Allen massive multiyear contract
Video: Kyrie Irving Participates in Hilarious Game of Taboo with Kevin Durant and DeMarcus Cousins
- Updated: July 26, 2016
In the buildup to the 2016 Summer Olympics, the United States men’s basketball team has been practicing and taking part in scrimmages for play that gets underway on August 6. While free time is limited, the Cleveland Cavaliers’ Kyrie Irving found time to take part in a game of Taboo against three staffers from GQ Magazine, with his Olympic teammates DeMarcus Cousins of the Sacramento Kings and Kevin Durant, now of the Golden State Warriors, assisting Irving.
One portion of the competition was captured in a two-minute video on Twitter.
— GQ Magazine (@GQMagazine) July 26, 2016
Cousins attempts to get Irving and Durant to figure out the words, “petrified” and “wired,” the latter of which Durant gets. That’s followed by the GQ staff guessing correctly on both words, “big bang” and “deck.”
The second round involves Durant describing “bend,” and “vine,” both of which Cousins gets. However, Durant is unable to explain his third word before time ends. The GQ trio then manages to correctly name, “limousine,” “pipe,” and “Dairy Queen.”
Irving then gets the opportunity to quiz his teammates, with the words, “beats,” “Gemini,” “loan,” and “wall,” all of which Cousins and Durant answer correctly. Trailing 7-5, GQ comes up short by first correctly answering on “flock,” but not beating the buzzer on “tank top.”